New Engines, Gearboxes, front & rear stuffups - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Engines, Gearboxes, front & rear stuffups

13.7mpg is a bit of a shock to me too.

I Used to have a little money as well, then I bought a 260 quite content, not even being aware there was a blower available, then I joined the 260 club and the rest is history.( I Blame Tim for starting it all off )
    at least over the last few years because I have kept the car and not replaced it, like I would have done with a normal one ,I still have the money that would have been swallowed up with a change of car, so I still have a little little bit to keep it pampered

Not sure I fully understand.

4.6 Supercharged SOHC 1 only £2000.00

Does this mean an engine plus the SuperCharger fitted and new ?

No idea what the fitting cost would be but this sounds to good to good to be true...which useually means it is.

How do I find out ? Website maybe?

Thanks, Peter

I wondered the same too. I called them and emailed and never heard anything back. Let me know if you find out

Geoff, do what Clarkson did an use it as food mixer, do your think your misses would notice?

I am going to collect my unit on Monday, but scratching away at the back of my mind is the problem that Martin Warner has had with his new engine when I spoke to Ian Buckingham last week I asked him if the engines were dry, he seemed to think there was no oil in them, so if the only oil in there is the stuff that they were assembled with is that enough to hold back any corrosion that may have occurred in the last 4 years????
    What I may do is ask him to remove the sump and have a look inside before buying
    There is a company called cortec that makes a product to put into engines that are going to be stored for a long time, I believe its called fogging oil.
    the other thing I was wondering, is it worth backing off the rocker arms to relieve the springs so as they don't become 'set'

Default Snags & more snags

I went to see this lot last year, but IRRC were in Low level dry storage near Derby.
    No rust was apparent even on the bare disc brake stuff ups

Reasons I didn't buy anything after some research was for the following reasons;

1: The DOHC cam SV engine is too wide to go between the ZT spring turrets
    2: The Roush Super charger set up might be a problem getting ECU to MAP to it.
    3. The 6 speed gearbox is not as robust as the OEM 5 speed.
    For 75 ZT Cooling fan work or resistors & General Servicing or just drop in for a cuppa!
    Give me a call in Sunny North Wales.
    People drop their shopping bags when I rev Mine

Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    I went to see this lot last year, but IRRC were in Low level dry storage near Derby.
    No rust was apparent even on the bare disc brake stuff ups

Reasons I didn't buy anything after some research was for the following reasons;

1: The DOHC cam SV engine is too wide to go between the ZT spring turrets
    2: The Roush Super charger set up might be a problem getting ECU to MAP to it.
    3. The 6 speed gearbox is not as robust as the OEM 5 speed.

I thought that the T-56 was a very strong box and the TR-3650 as fitted to a 260 Is one of the least popular Tremmec boxes?

I know that 03-04 Terminator Mustang Cobras come from the factory with the T-56, and they make good power. And the Viper spec T-56 is super strong.

I looked at buying a T-56 for my Mustang, but they are quite a lot heavier than the TR-3550 I went for.
    Also there would not have been much benefit of the extra sixth gear in my particular application.

SJR
    Super Jumbo Racing
    05 260 Saloon
    87 5.0 Mustang G.T.