Wanted: 260
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wanted: 260

Default Wanted: 260

Hi Everyone

After seeing Stu C's and sh4rky's 260's (and a few others) at the Chasewater meet we had I have decided this car is a must.... So I am now on the lookout for one and after seeing the Saffron one that was for sale nr me that would of been perfect but oh well.....

Looking at around £5k - £6K I guess and typically all the ones in those price range have vanished leaving only the dear ones.

Cheers

Martin

mwhahaha.... the lure of the v8!

Nice chatting with you on that slightly chilly day, haha. Seems to be a slight drought of them at the moment, im sure the right one will come along eventually though, keep your eyes peeled.
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by SH4RKY View Post
    mwhahaha.... the lure of the v8!

Nice chatting with you on that slightly chilly day, haha. Seems to be a slight drought of them at the moment, im sure the right one will come along eventually though, keep your eyes peeled.
    Yeah was nice though hopefully next time I won't be the only person at the 260 table without a 260....

My eyes are peeled and I bet Autotrader, eBay and Pistonheads are thinking they are under some sort of ping attack I'm hitting their pages that much....

Oh and £5k-£6k I can go higher for the right car....

Martin,

The next NON Silver Black Red Estate SE Mk 2 is mine ! Else fill your boots Mate !!

Bruce.
    BRM 494 of Just 795, Rare. MG ZT-T 260 SE 389, Rarer. MG METRO TURBO, Getting Scarce. Black Olive ZR X210 one off, ZR-X Unique, MG TF, Fun in the Sun.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM494 View Post
    Martin,

The next NON Silver Black Red Estate SE Mk 2 is mine ! Else fill your boots Mate !!

Bruce.
    Hehe, don't worry I am after the saloon more than the tourer so if I spot one will give u a shout. Also I dont mind a Mk1 or is there something I dont know about?

Martin

Only looks. There are a few differences in trim levels between the mk1 and mk2 but really its just which type of front design you prefer.
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Merl View Post
    Hehe, don't worry I am after the saloon more than the tourer so if I spot one will give u a shout. Also I dont mind a Mk1 or is there something I dont know about?

Martin
    I think Richard still has his mk1 royal blue 260 for sale. He is in Norwich, interest Martin? I can ask before you bell him to make sure.

https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc26...ead.php?t=2679
    Tim Hayton

Some men see things as they are and say why - I dream things that never were and say why not.

Quote Originally Posted by SH4RKY View Post
    Only looks. There are a few differences in trim levels between the mk1 and mk2 but really its just which type of front design you prefer.

Martin,

That's it in a nut shell. I have a, no the, 2004 Motorshow Mk2 MG ZR-X, and hence a Mk2 is a must for me. Likewise my preference is for the lines of the ZT-T, it just comes down to what you prefer. All four versions are great cars !!
    BRM 494 of Just 795, Rare. MG ZT-T 260 SE 389, Rarer. MG METRO TURBO, Getting Scarce. Black Olive ZR X210 one off, ZR-X Unique, MG TF, Fun in the Sun.

In which case you want Gromits cars, matching colours then
    Peter Essling

Quote Originally Posted by pessling View Post
    In which case you want Gromits cars, matching colours then
    STOP. A biomorphic fantasy. Just too much for me.....