Heater valves available - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Heater valves available

Default Re heater valve.

Hello Belcher,

Not sure what your problem is but the heater valve may have, or probably will fail at some time.

Regards

Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by Belcher View Post
    I "think" I might need one of these? Can somebody confirm for me?

When my climate control is on (econ mode) it seems to always run at the same temp unless I switch on the aircon. But then, if I switch it all off so the panel is not even lit up, the heater is chucking out loads of heat So is the bit thats available here to sort this issue ??

Cheers !

Looks like I need one but I will have a wee poke round first. The temp indicator is showing Er when set to Hi and no heat is coming through. I have tried the high/low switching as suggested by Phil 260 in other posts but no joy. Just prior to the seeming failure there was the smell of coolant but no apparent leaks. Would anyone care to comment.

Steve.
    VIN 260 Steve Miller

Quote Originally Posted by JERRY View Post
    Hello Belcher,

Not sure what your problem is but the heater valve may have, or probably will fail at some time.

Regards

Jerry
    OK Cheers.

Where is this valve located?
    Belcher. :eek:<< 'Burp' !
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MCSE:S, MCSA:S, MCITP
    CompTIA Security+
    CompTIA Linux+
    Linux LPI Level 1 & 2
    Citrix CCA
    VMWare VCP4
    Certified Ethical Hacker

~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Basically, I am a techno-whore

Archived Member

Quote Originally Posted by Belcher View Post
    OK Cheers.

Where is this valve located?
    Couple of pics showing location of valve and the valve unit in situ.

hth

Great help - thanks
    Colin Ellis #456 It'll be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not the end

Just to let everyone know that the valve is easy to replace. Took me 30 mins to do and I replaced all the hose clips with jubilee clips. Much easier to re-fit and then replace again later on. I simply undid the two mounting bolts holding the valve unit to the bulkhead and lifted the whole unit up and then replaced each hose in turn onto the new unit (so not as to get them mixed up). Only lost about a cupful of water.

Then simply replaced the nice shiny new one, bolted the two mountings and bingo. I had heat.

Please note that even with the new valve it may not work as you expect. My new one just gives various slight differences in heat and no cool at present. But the moving of the temp control should free up the valve. Especially if it has been in storage for several years. However, looking at the valve assembly, I get the impression that it is not a good design anyway and there will be lots of leaking of hot water inside the valve.

I am waiting for the new super duper one I have ordered and see how that compares. At least I now have a new actuator unit and I am nice and cosy in the cold weather. I'll worry about the heat in the summer, when that comes around. Now I can keep the window open and listen to the glorious noise coming from outside.

Max Steele
    No: 167, Mk1 04 Reg SE, X-Power Grey,
    Upgrades: Powerflow Ovals, BBK 78mm TB/Plenum, ACCEL COP's, RAM Air Intake System with Blue Silicon air intake hose with Pipercross Viper reverse-flow air filter system,
    Up-rated Heavy Duty clutch, New Front Discs (back to oem), New rear springs, New front Bilstein shocks, New Rear Discs at 123K, New MG7 rear cluster. lights.
    Twin 7" Headrest screens and DVD player with remote control.
    Worcester Area :cool:

I was going to have a poke around today but due to the frost last night I will leave until a warmer day. I dont want to tempt it with the plastics so cold -6 last night in sunny Shap.

The pictures are a big help cheers.

Steve.
    VIN 260 Steve Miller

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by mister bountyfull View Post
    Looks like I need one but I will have a wee poke round first. The temp indicator is showing Er when set to Hi and no heat is coming through. I have tried the high/low switching as suggested by Phil 260 in other posts but no joy. Just prior to the seeming failure there was the smell of coolant but no apparent leaks. Would anyone care to comment.

Steve.
    Turned out that the severe cold had got the valve now free and pushing out cold or hot when required.

Steve.
    VIN 260 Steve Miller

how many do you have left jerry?, as i feel a spare would be handy to have
    Peter Essling

wnj516

I have purchased one of these valves not ye fitted, but by operating the valve without the motr connected it does seal off the outlets as it's designed to do. before fitting will connect to car and see the results with the motor operating it.
    WNJ516William Nigel Jenkins.