Parts CD
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Parts CD

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Parts CD

I am after a 260 parts cd that will work on windows vista, any links to sellers appreciated

there is an epc on ebay,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MG-ROVER-MGZT-ZT-260-V8-75-EPC-PARTS-CD-DECEMBER-2007_W0QQitemZ250330773555QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Ca rParts_Vehicles_Manuals_Litterature_ET?hash=item25 0330773555&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72301|66:2|652|39|240318
    Peter Essling

Thank you peter now installed and working perfectly just hope I don't need it too often

i got one as well, well worth it for the exploded view of parts etc, as you say hopefully not needed.
    Peter Essling

Link does not work

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Link does not work
    Which link ?? If you mean the one in post #2, that was 10 years ago on eBay, so I guess unlikely to work.

David

Quote Originally Posted by Wildrover View Post
    Using Rimmers site at the moment. Does anyone have this resource available to share?
    As far as 'sharing' is concerned, I think you will find that there is still a copyright on the EPC, even though I don't see it being offered as a 'product' by XPart or anyone else anymore.

Older MGR copies still floating around, would need installing on a PC, and I believe that getting that to work on anything other than non-current Windows versions (<=XP) and IE version < 9.0 is difficult or even impossible (its not just a matter of changing the computer date/time of day). I acquired mine (MGR, not a copy) some years ago, and is from 2010 (I think). It runs on an old XP machine, which only exists for that purpose!

David
    Last edited by David; 12-03-2019 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildrover View Post
    Just binned an old laptop. In that case - I can't be bothered to investigate further. Any written manuals?

I also don't see a workshop manual that covers the 260 either - except for Haynes that conveniently misses out the 260.

In the days of my TR8 had parts and workshop manuals freely available.
    The absence of a printed workshop manual being available isn't really a problem, since although one did exist (and I have the Rover75 V8 version), the RAVE CD is virtually identical. That CD is readily available from XPart and others, and is very affordable. I agree the non-availability of the EPC is unfortunate.

David

If a product is no longer commercially available ( parts list cd) how are potential users of such supposed to be able to reference items for the product to which it refers? Does this lack of availability affect how the original (the cd) copyright is applied? In this case what are users supposed to do and what would they gain by being able to access the cd other than trying to sell it? I would think that sharing within a closed environment ( the 260's) with a declaration to not use for commercial purposes for a very limited market (260/V8) should be considered acceptable.

Just for information purposes, I have got a copy of this CD and have run it on my computer running Windows 10 64 bit. It's not a particularly easy interface to navigate and I am not sure it's particularly accurate information but it does work.

Nich.
    Nicholas John Peter Tinker - # 484

Manufactured on Tuesday 27th April 2004 @ 12.17.47.
    Commission Number: 24468.
    Brochure Model: M3 Tourer 4.6 V8 260PS.
    Specification Code: L01B.
    CICode: D1511.
    Trim Level: TL8.9 (M3).

65th ZT-T 260SE to be made out of 115.
    11th ZT-T 260 SE in Pearl Black (PBT) out of 23 produced.

Manufactured in the UK by MG Rover Group Ltd.