V8 Mintex Discs and Pads
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: V8 Mintex Discs and Pads

Default V8 Mintex Discs and Pads

For sale on ebay

disks and pads

These are the ones I bought and they do the job.

Herman
    Fear keeps you alive. Fearless gets you killed

Herman

Vin#076 pics, Black, modified and with 234 RWHP and 276 lb/ft (275 BHP and 440 Nm @ flywheel)

FJ1200, DynoJet Stage 1, K&N filter

Alfa MiTo 1.4 Cloverleaf, 170 BHP, Alfa Rosso.

...no ... I am ... really spartacus's Avatar

Or alternatively, how about THESE, with pads

I'm presuming they're the same, only a bit better value. I was going to ask about them as I need new front disks - are they OK?

I've also read that the Mintex rear pads are OK too (yes, I need those too ). Would anyone vouch for that?

Oh, BTW, apparently I drive like an old woman, so probably don't need EBC...
    Mark Willcox - Unsnared, like the wind in a net. Unsmeared, like a lotus in water. Leader of others, by others unled: The enlightened call him a sage

Quote Originally Posted by baldybloke View Post
    Oh, BTW, apparently I drive like an old woman, so probably don't need EBC...
    Surprised you need brakes at all then

Anyway......I'd like to stick with a known brand............

Herman

Vin#076 pics, Black, modified and with 234 RWHP and 276 lb/ft (275 BHP and 440 Nm @ flywheel)

Quote Originally Posted by VMax1000 View Post
    Anyway......I'd like to stick with a known brand............
    Uh? The link I sent was for Mintex discs and pads - wasn't that what you were talking about ??

And you're right, I think my discs have corroded because I don't use them much. Oh, alright, they were a bit knackered when I got the car
    Mark Willcox - Unsnared, like the wind in a net. Unsmeared, like a lotus in water. Leader of others, by others unled: The enlightened call him a sage

Baldybloke - sorry to talk on a totally different subject, but I see you are from Bookham........I live in Fetcham and once about 3 weeks ago parked my Mazda 6 (from T W Whites!), a few spaces away from a black 260 at Leatherhead station - would that have been your car?

I've had a Maestro turbo, ZR 120, ZS180 and a 620ti and now "fancy" a ZT260 SE!!!

Ian

Archived Member

I've also read that the Mintex rear pads are OK too (yes, I need those too ). Would anyone vouch for that?.
    Mark,

I had the Mintex rear pads fitted a few weeks ago. All seems fine. Cannot detect any worse braking than with the OEM pads.

hth

Uh? The link I sent was for Mintex discs and pads - wasn't that what you were talking about ??

And you're right, I think my discs have corroded because I don't use them much. Oh, alright, they were a bit knackered when I got the car

Sorry, you're right. They were Mintex and better price. Need my glasses checked.

But Mintex does the job..........cheap.

Herman

Quote Originally Posted by IanR View Post
    Baldybloke - sorry to talk on a totally different subject, but I see you are from Bookham........I live in Fetcham and once about 3 weeks ago parked my Mazda 6 (from T W Whites!), a few spaces away from a black 260 at Leatherhead station - would that have been your car?

I've had a Maestro turbo, ZR 120, ZS180 and a 620ti and now "fancy" a ZT260 SE!!!

Ian
    Ah yes, that is indeed mine - I try to walk to Bookham station as often as possible, but when I drive I go to Leatherhead. If you want to have a look at mine (oo err), just let me know and I'd be happy to oblige. I've come to mine from a ZT-T 190 and haven't had any regrets... or any money. Only joking - PM me if you want to meet up. A pub is always good for me (god, why do I always say that )

Mark
    PS The boss has a Mazda 3 from Whites, and one of the reasons I got the 260 was that I wasn't allowed an RX8 because it's a "toy car" . I'm still yearining for an RX7, but now it would have to be in addition to the 260...

no. 172 ZT SE Monogram

oh well you two will pass through my town on your commute then from Leatherhead or Bookham - Worcester Park.

Up for meeting there's a good pub opposite the station and I can bring the V8.......
    MG ZT 260 SE Monogram, Olive black 2004 (LPG)
    Ford Mustang 289ci V8 (4.7) Convertible 1967, Silver
    Chevy Corvette convertible 350ci V8 (5.7), 1974, Metallic Blue
    Pontiac Firebird 403ci V8 (6.6), 1977, red
    Rover 214 Si 16v 1994 M White/grey (1600 k series)
    Rover 220 Turbo Coupe FDH 1995
    Rover Mini Cooper 1997 P
    Volvo 960 24v 2.9 estate 1991 J (in family from new)
    VW Polo 1.4SE auto 2005 (in family from new)
    Jaguar Mk 2 resto project
    Mercedes GLB 200d (lease)

Not a million miles from me - and always happy to find new good pubs - so if you want to add another V8 in the car park - let me know
    Colin Ellis #456 It'll be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not the end