Hello all - just bought a 260V8 and love it! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello all - just bought a 260V8 and love it!

Welcome

Check out his whole site, but Spunagain's site has the service schedule,
    along with a few common ailments and resources

http://www.spunagain.co.uk/ZT260service.html

Nick
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by 2V8s View Post
    Thanks guys.

oops what was that you said about the sat nav light?! didnt check it before disconecting battery - what happens if it's on? ignition had been off a while though?

Anyway, seat bolts removed so I could tip it backwards to check the wiring - there's a lot going on under there!

On first inspection everything seems to look ok - cant see any obviously loose or disconnected plugs....except for one black one that is at the start where the wiring meets the seat frame and is hanging completely loose - but I cant see exactly where or if this should plug in anywhere - it almost looks like ot is supposed to be like this? like a diagnostic connector or something? could this be the case or could this be the loose rogue plug?

as an aside - can the TV system be overiden so that the TV can be used on the move? This is not for me to use/watch as the driver, but so my wife and kids can watch it.

Cheers
    EEEk! About 1500 notes to replace the disc unit. Use your sat nav to see if all is okay.

Don't forget I need your completed questionnaire for you to see the other 80% of the forum.
    Tim Hayton

Some men see things as they are and say why - I dream things that never were and say why not.

depending on how long it took you to disconnect the battery the unit may be okay. general rule is to leave it 2 minutes although they do shut down quicker, you'll have to try it to see if it works, if it doesn't find a mk3 bmw unit or mk4 dvd unit to replace it with.
    Peter Essling

no. 172 ZT SE Monogram

Thanks all.

Tim, questionnaire just emailed....

Think hopefully Satnav has survived - I dod leave it at least 2 mins. But looking through the history it looks like there is a fault anyway as previous owner reported sat nave goes off after 5 mins? Havne tried it yet so dont know.....

Anyway good and bad news - took drivers seat right out, checked all wiring, replugged everything, cant see any obvious problems. All back in - no change, except that now it will ty and lower the seat, but its already fully lowered I think so just clicks. Wont raise or move back rest - only forwards backwards. Memory buttins still work though but only forward/backward motion.

Good news is after reconnecting the battery the engine management light has gone out, and stayed off so far whilst running on petrol. Hopefully this proves theres no real issues and hopefull just that it doesnt like the LPG system, though it works and runs fine.

Q. where can I get wiring diagrams from e.g. for the electric seats? so I can start testing things with a multi meter and try and figure it out. Passesnger seat all works fine.

Cheers

Aaron

From your other post on MGR in Epsom, I assume you're fairly close to me. Give me a shout if you want to meet up to poke around mine for comparison purposes.
    You polish yours if you want to. I'll be driving mine!