Original throttle body + plenum - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Original throttle body + plenum

Quote Originally Posted by SH4RKY View Post
    Dont.... Tempt.... Me....
    Oh I will... I will. If you haven't got a Dreadnought blower you haven't got the car.

Oh and by the way I got about 24 mpg over the 400 miles coming south including a few novelty burn ups.

Congratulations!....STAND BY FOR ACTION!!....

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Warner View Post
    Oh I will... I will. If you haven't got a Dreadnought blower you haven't got the car.

Oh and by the way I got about 24 mpg over the 400 miles coming south including a few novelty burn ups.
    How the F**k do you manage to get 24 mpg with blower. I strugle to get 19 without
    Fear keeps you alive. Fearless gets you killed

Herman

Vin#076 pics, Black, modified and with 234 RWHP and 276 lb/ft (275 BHP and 440 Nm @ flywheel)

FJ1200, DynoJet Stage 1, K&N filter

Alfa MiTo 1.4 Cloverleaf, 170 BHP, Alfa Rosso.

As you probably know, I've not been over impressed with the purchase of my 260! However, I've recently changed to an Accufab, K&N filter and Iridium plugs. My fuel consumption used to be 230-260 miles to a tank, the last 2 tankfulls have given me 300 miles, plus the car is a lot more responsive and is approaching the performance that I was expecting! I'm just looking at improving the induction tract which I hope will take the performance into the area you would expect from a 4.6 litre engine

Ah Mr Poledriver (who ever you are, I really do not like the fact that everybody has to have a pseudonym). I had you in mind when I mentioned those who were thinking of selling their cars. You are not going to get better elsewhere, if you think you have you will actually have got boring instead.

My point on the fuel consumption was to illustrate that it is now running to its true potential efficiency which is better than permanently shoving your foot down to try and cover for the cars lack of finesse.

Mr Poledriver. It is good to hear that you are tackling your disappointment with the car in a positive fashion. One of the interesting things about the 260 is the poorly disguised potential that can be found in it. I had an MGC in the seventies that had similar traits. As a "cooking" car it was pretty useless, but with a little time and a reasonable amount of money it became a fantastic car. The satisfaction of personally making it into what it should have been was immense. I feel the same about the 260.

I know the blower is not a particularly cheap option. It would be interesting to assess what your improvements cost to achieve and what the numbers are on a rolling road. A sort of cost comparison per bhp/lbf-ft. It would I think be very useful information for other owners who want to perk up their cars a bit.

Martin

Shot Silk & Supercharged

The power (or apparent lack of) in the 260 is something that seems to be raised quite often on this and other forums. What seems to be overlooked in trying to assess this "problem" is the gearing, and that as mere mortals we don't drive on power, we drive on torque.

A number of us have come from other 75/ZT models and if you compare different models from the range, you can pull some interesting comparisons, ie. in top gear how fast is peak torque? (approx.)

CDTi 135 - 60mph

190 - 85mph

260 - 120mph

Clearly if you come from one of these cars and try and drive it the same way it will disappoint, but once you realise that the gears needs to be worked ....

Default Defaced Plennon

My badge is missing from the factory, I understand. The badge was removed to be replaced by MG, but there wasn't one!
    If anyone has a "spare", I woulnd't mind replacing mine purely for cosmetics, although it's under the bonnet I know it's missing!!

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by VMax1000 View Post
    How the F**k do you manage to get 24 mpg with blower. I strugle to get 19 without
    Likewise
    Nick