ZT Space saver Spare wheel

Thread: ZT Space saver Spare wheel

Default ZT Space saver Spare wheel

Space saver spare wheel to fit any MG ZT or Rover 75

Unused. Fitted with Continental 125/90/16 tyre.

Takes up very little space in boot

Bargain £25.00 collected.

Nick.

thought these didn't fit the rear of the 260 because of the size of the calipers?
    Peter Essling

Quote Originally Posted by pessling View Post
    thought these didn't fit the rear of the 260 because of the size of the calipers?
    Good point. This came from a ZT190. Was standard equipment on that, but optional on all other models. Although it wont fit over the big BMW 330i calipers on the front as fitted to both 190 and 260.
    If you get a front puncture, you have to swap with rear wheel and fit space saver to rear. But indeed the 260 has bigger rear brakes, but surely no bigger than the rest of the ZT line up Fronts?? including the CDTi and 160. The space saver certainly fits over them calipers OK.

Hi! If you still have it available I'm interested!

Quote Originally Posted by NickZT View Post
    Good point. This came from a ZT190. Was standard equipment on that, but optional on all other models. Although it wont fit over the big BMW 330i calipers on the front as fitted to both 190 and 260.
    If you get a front puncture, you have to swap with rear wheel and fit space saver to rear. But indeed the 260 has bigger rear brakes, but surely no bigger than the rest of the ZT line up Fronts?? including the CDTi and 160. The space saver certainly fits over them calipers OK.
    Unlike any other 75/ZT, the discs on the 260 are actually larger on the rear than they are on the front, so I would assume that the calipers will come out further too?
    You polish yours if you want to. I'll be driving mine!

Quote Originally Posted by Poledriver View Post
    Hi! If you still have it available I'm interested!
    It is still available.. Haven't put it on ebay yet.. But looking at the posts on here it may not fit your 260. I'm not really sure, I thought it wasn't an option for the 260 because there isn't any room for it in the normal place like on all the front wheel drive cars.

the only thing we got was the tyre sealant, on another note, how long does the sealant last, mine was to be used by 2006, i do have a full size spare so not much of an issue, but given that the wheels can be a pig to get off sometimes?

peter
    Peter Essling

Quote Originally Posted by pessling View Post
    the only thing we got was the tyre sealant, on another note, how long does the sealant last, mine was to be used by 2006, i do have a full size spare so not much of an issue, but given that the wheels can be a pig to get off sometimes?

peter
    Peter I finally have a full size spare. Hence i'm selling the un-used space saver. Only fitted my apex alloys yesterday. Put them in to be refurbished four weeks ago. Asked to be finished steel grey but came back silver. But I am really pleased with how they look on my silver ZT.

they look good, and silver still suits the car fine.
    Peter Essling