airbag problem
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: airbag problem

Default airbag problem

Hi
    My airbag warning light is on, i have had it on a computer and the following codes are logged.

1605 front pretensioner left or serial front pretensioner short to ground on squib
    180a right side airbag open circuit

has anyone had any problems like this and could point me in the right direction??

regards

Tim

Yes, this is a common problem. There are loads of threads on here about it. Use the search facility.

Poor man does not have access.........yet!

I bet you are quite tall Tim. The problem relates to a wire under your seat pulling. You need to feel around for it and either extend or make sure the connection is sound. Us shorties don't suffer from this.

Welcome to the forum.
    Tim Hayton

Some men see things as they are and say why - I dream things that never were and say why not.

Chop off the yellow connector under the seat and replace it with a terminal strip chocolate block thingy. Thats what finally cured mine.

Sometimes wiggling the connector and making sure its not strained makes it work fine for a while.

Mine came on today ..... after 2 separate passengers were gifted gentle short cruises ... Initial oh-no-here-we-go is temporarily becoming tentative reassurance ... but i wm hot footing it out to the motor to try the wiggle test ...

... there we go .... no light on when checked just and there sure are a few of those connectors under the seats ... How good are you guys! Cheers :-)

glad you sorted it out so quickly.
    Tim Hayton

Some men see things as they are and say why - I dream things that never were and say why not.

wnj516

I solved all my similar problems by taking the connectors apart and adjusting the sliding contact so it makes a more positive connection when assembled, then taped up each connector with the cables from the seat side bent back over the connector and secured by the tape. I have had no further problems for the last 2 yrs.
    WNJ516William Nigel Jenkins.

The only way of curing this once and for all is to remove the connector plugs and solder the wires together, ALWAYS remove the battery connection first, and go away for a coffee for 20mins before playing with the airbag circuitry, it needs time to discharge!

well lads & lasses (?) it seems to be fine now. I dont mind if it happens now and again cos at least it aint a genuine alert and i have saved money by not having to take it to a mechanic who might not fix it but still charge for the pleasure.

Not much space to get under them seats is there? I might train a capuchin monkey to get under and change the connectors :-D (EDIT - Joking!!)

Long live the car owner forum!