And yet another wanabe! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: And yet another wanabe!

Seems this thread is beginning to get heated
    I did not join this forum to listen to arguments and points of view, that quite frankly should be left out of this forum, and discussed privately via e-mail
    One point of view that I would like to raise, without any prejudice's is. If anyone is moving lots of "metal", and is making a capital gain from the resale amount, then the tax man must in all cases be notifying of these gains, as it could and most probably would be construed as a being a business. He may, and I say again may, be interested to know of these activities and financial gains being made on the buying and selling cars. To buy for one's own personal use is not deemed as making a capital gain, however, if lot's of activity are being handled, and the gains end up in the hands of the provider, then a capital gain has to be declared. Please, anyone who is party to these types of activities must declare them, to have an investigation is not a pleasant experience.
    To end, I really do not want this forum ending up like others, where personal issues are directed between, or at other members. It just becomes a battle field where in the end people switch off from logging on and inevitably cease being members.
    This is my OWN PERSONAL VIEW POINT, it has no personal reference or directed at any one or more than one member of this forum. Or, is to be construed as me personally taking sides for or against any one person or persons, thank you.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by SteveTD View Post
    Twice Brewed. You seem to have some axe to grind and that's your choice. You are wrong on several statements of fact in your posts.

You are also wrong in your assumptions - when I buy my cars I do things a lot of people don't - that's just me, and until you know me you can only make blind, incorrect, misinformed prejudices (which amount to slander) - which you have. There is a difference between a 'trader' and an obsessive, impulsive, enthusiast.

I don't have to offer anyone an explanation on any of this and from now on I won't. But if I choose to buy lots of cars - on impulse, on colour choice, on a whim; or buy and pay for a car without even having viewed it; advertise for sale before I have collected in case I change my mind and want options; advertise cars for sale/or make purchase enquiries on behalf of my good friends and family; advertise or sell a car for more than I paid for it; advertise or sell a car for less than I paid for it; ...........I can. I have done all of the above lots of times and will continue to do so.

I have some decent friends on these forums - some of whom I've met and known for a few years now.

I don't like your assertions and insinuations, and yes you are entitled to your own opinion, but malicious interference is another matter.

I am happy to live and let live. I harbour no bad feelings or grudges and welcome you to the forum.

Regards

Steve
    I dont have an 'axe to grind' Steve, and do not demand that you explain yourself. If you choose to - fair enough - but do not misconstrue my posting.

I am merley poiting out to Forum members, as I am entitled to do, information about a car for sale.

The car in question was for sale on autotrader for £8,500. I arranged to view the car. Subsequently someone arranged to buy the car (unseen - no problems with this). What I found slightly sharp practise was that this car was immediately advertsied for sale it a much inflated value of £10,995.

This was before the car in question had even changed hands - and was still with the existing owner. This is not, in my experience or opinion, the action of a private individual looking to own/use a car, but of someone purely looking to make a quick profit. I do feel this is relevant information to post on a public forum.

Tim,

Maybe it is time to close this thread and let personal opinions be what they should be..............personal. Not to be displayed in a public forum.

Let's enjoy the cars we drive and use this forum for what it should be....a repository of knowledge.............
    Fear keeps you alive. Fearless gets you killed

Herman

Vin#076 pics, Black, modified and with 234 RWHP and 276 lb/ft (275 BHP and 440 Nm @ flywheel)

FJ1200, DynoJet Stage 1, K&N filter

Alfa MiTo 1.4 Cloverleaf, 170 BHP, Alfa Rosso.

Sounds good to me.

Danger of this going around and around. All views have been expressed.

Stuarts (Cherrybusa) original question is in a new thread.
    Tim Hayton

Some men see things as they are and say why - I dream things that never were and say why not.