And yet another wanabe! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: And yet another wanabe!

Quote Originally Posted by Poledriver View Post
    I don't know if your car has come from the same source, but I bought mine from a guy called Stephen Davies in Penarth, Cardiff. Although it was stored at another dealer he said he was selling privately and that the car had been his for a while but he was selling because he now had a saloon.
    I see that he has another ZT-T advertised on PH at the moment!
    The warning bells went for me when the registration document did not show his name and the dealer section was missing.
    I hope that he's not trying to offload dodgy motors, I haven't had any unexpected problems with mine yet. More likely he's just trying to escape being taxed as a car dealer!
    Has anyone else bought a 260 from him at all?
    See lots of posts on XP forum about dealers posing as private sellers, some of whose names you may recognise. I had hoped that sort of thing was not going to pollute these hallowed halls.

I don't know if your car has come from the same source, but I bought mine from a guy called Stephen Davies in Penarth, Cardiff. Although it was stored at another dealer he said he was selling privately and that the car had been his for a while but he was selling because he now had a saloon.
    The warning bells went for me when the registration document did not show his name and the dealer section was missing.
    I hope that he's not trying to offload dodgy motors, I haven't had any unexpected problems with mine yet. More likely he's just trying to escape being taxed as a car dealer!

I think I need to just mention Steve is okay, no he is not a dealer just a tart when it comes to the love of our lives. He has bought the V8 in different forms to then decide that he can't afford to run them all. If you look through some of the old posts in XPF you will see the strings. Not sure if it is still there but there was a joke about him selling his first one then regretting it and buying another then there were two, a R75V8 & ZT260, etc etc. You mention Poledriver that your car is okay so lets stay positive. We are all in the same group with the same interests.

I do, along with the rest of you keep a look out for dodgy cars because they are out there. 211 is not one of them, have known this car for a few years. The last slightly dodgy one was Keith's but he put that one right. Another was Bigsteve's who swapped bits from one rolled car to a new shell, sorting that out along the way.
    Tim Hayton

Some men see things as they are and say why - I dream things that never were and say why not.

Default Public Apology

Quote Originally Posted by SteveTD View Post
    Karl

I have to say I'm a little disappointed having read your post!
    I was publicly clear on anohter forum that the shot silk car was previously owned by Nick Young, who personally advised me of it's whereabouts, following which I rescued it from a Volkswagon dealership. However, I soon decided I really didn't want an estate (my thoughts on car strategy change daily as we have kids/dogs etc) and passed on to Monty Smith MG Rover dealers to sell on my behalf on a sale or return basis. However, I beat them and sold it before they managed too!
    The bittersweet saloon is my other car and I'm selling it as I am having a company Honda Civic S-Type GT 2.2 i-CDTI in 2 months time!

Nice to have to justify myself to the masses though!

Regards

Steve

Hi Steve,
    I'm sorry if I got it wrong! When I purchased the car from you I got the impression that you had owned it for a while and when I saw from the registration document that you had never transferred it to your name I started to get a little worried, this was then reinforced when I saw another car being sold in your name!
    Anyway, you have explained the situation and I am sorry that I forced you into a position where you had to do this and I apologise for any embarresment this may have caused.

Karl

Karl

No problem. Hope you are still enjoying it - I actually now think it is the nicest ZT 260 out there - I'm afraid to say, ahead of even my own!
    I'm actually regretting selling it now, as SWMBO has decided she wants rid of her people carrier in favour of a tiny runabout and has ordered me to get the big lump for family duties!

Latest pipe dream is my plan of getting a standard coloured ZTT and having her sprayed in shot silk!

Failing that, a nice Rover 75 V8 auto in shot silk, bittersweet or spectre would be awesome.

However, I have 2 months to make up my mind as I can cancel the Honda any time prior to delivery to our offices! Time is ticking!

Anyhoo, enough of my chromactive perversions!

Regards

Steve
    Last edited by SteveTD; 25-03-2008 at 10:07 AM.

Stuart,
    Will you be at Brooklands?
    I will be there with my car, to view!
    I will most probably be selling my "260" this April
    Pear Black ZT-T
    Registered 02.04.2006, SE Spec
    Facelift Model - Build Number 492
    Registration RX06 ***
    Mileage 15,000 - Full MG Service Record
    Extra's Fitted:
    * Full MK4 Sat Nave System
    * 16:9 Screen
    * Latest Radio Tuner, with built in Picture in Motion
    * Traffic Management Channel (RDS-TMC) On ALL FM Channels
    * Latest MK4 DVD Player - Speed Camera's & 3D Maps - Latest 2008 BMW
    Sat Nav DVD Disc
    * Full POST CODE Recognition
    * Latest 6 X CD Disc Holder - WITH FULL MP3 Compatibility
    * MG Rover Detachable Tow Bar - Not used by me
    * Option of 13 Spoke BLACK Alloy Wheels, or, Normal Apex Wheels
    * Parrot Hands Free Mobile Phone System
    * Remainder (As At Today: 2years 2 Months) of Full Warranty Cover, Including
    Sat Nav System

* Buyer will have First Refusal on the Registration Plate currently on the car, which will be on a Retention Certificate when/if the car is sold: V8 MGR

The car is in excellent condition, apart from: 2 x Stone Chips to the Bonnet

Of course, I am open to offers, but please look at the specification before sending any offers. Please, No Silly Offers, as refusal sometimes hurts!

Eddy

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    The last slightly dodgy one was Keith's but he put that one right.
    Woah there.... Keith as in #235???
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by SH4RKY View Post
    Woah there.... Keith as in #235???
    Dodgy from the point of the owner before Keith used it as a car. Was not an enthusiast 'like wot we are'. Remember Keith pointing out that it did not look like it had been looked after so he had to give it some "love".

The previous owner used it mostly on the track and cross country driving, point to point.

Sorry Ian my sense of humour, that last sentence was complete hogwash. Just had this image of the blood draining from your face.
    Tim Hayton

Some men see things as they are and say why - I dream things that never were and say why not.

Ah yeah that... it is err 'worn' in places. But indeed, Keith scrubbed it up pretty well, other than some paint marks the last visible thing to be sorted is the wheels. And now my new tyres have arrived its just a case of calling up laptab and booking an alloy refurb... (still edging towards black/graphite)

haha... actually I thought "ooOO, my car has had some track time fun?"

Edit: oh and I need to fit my replacement bumper now the weather is turning... but that one was my fault
    Last edited by SH4RKY; 25-03-2008 at 11:17 PM.
    Ian

Exclamation

The silver ZTT that Steve had for sale on Pistonheads was still for sale with someone else in Maidenhead at the time (advert currently on autotrader).
    I note his PH advert has now been withdrawn.
    Definatley Steve was selling on to make a profit, 'Dealer style, depsite his protestations - not because he changes cars frequently! No one starts selling a car before they`ve even picked it up - unless they`re trying to make a fast buck.

Twice Brewed. You seem to have some axe to grind and that's your choice. You are wrong on several statements of fact in your posts.

You are also wrong in your assumptions - when I buy my cars I do things a lot of people don't - that's just me, and until you know me you can only make blind, incorrect, misinformed prejudices (which amount to slander) - which you have. There is a difference between a 'trader' and an obsessive, impulsive, enthusiast.

I don't have to offer anyone an explanation on any of this and from now on I won't. But if I choose to buy lots of cars - on impulse, on colour choice, on a whim; or buy and pay for a car without even having viewed it; advertise for sale before I have collected in case I change my mind and want options; advertise cars for sale/or make purchase enquiries on behalf of my good friends and family; advertise or sell a car for more than I paid for it; advertise or sell a car for less than I paid for it; ...........I can. I have done all of the above lots of times and will continue to do so.

I have some decent friends on these forums - some of whom I've met and known for a few years now.

I don't like your assertions and insinuations, and yes you are entitled to your own opinion, but malicious interference is another matter.

I am happy to live and let live. I harbour no bad feelings or grudges and welcome you to the forum.

Regards

Steve