Another (probable) Newbie - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Another (probable) Newbie

must be once they have your money then
    Peter Essling

Quote Originally Posted by JulesV View Post
    Thanks for the replies.

Martin, which car did you end up buying? Also are your comments regarding the warranty specific to the SMC warranty?

I have just noticed that another two have just appeared on Autotrader. Incidentally the one being offered by Continental Cars is VIN No 470 which will be familiar to many on here......
    The SMC warranty is pretty good. They paid out with no quibbles for a new alternator for me.
    You polish yours if you want to. I'll be driving mine!

I have no experience of SMC's warranties but I have had some really stupid experiences with others in the past. If SMC handle their own warranties then you can at least negotiate. Some dealers lay the warranty off to an insurance policy. I once had a refusal to pay out because I had gone 200 miles over on a service. Hence my scepticism.

Martin

As said the warrenty offered by SMC is good, i know i said about the fuel clip there answer was more if you break down then we will do it? But i have had other things like tracking down under warrenty etc.
    Peter Essling

ZT-T 260 SE VIN 405

They are trying to say that they can only put a 1 year SMC warranty on it followed by a 2 year insurance backed warranty. I have refused this so will continue to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by JulesV View Post
    They are trying to say that they can only put a 1 year SMC warranty on it followed by a 2 year insurance backed warranty. I have refused this so will continue to wait.
    I thought that was standard, although I have no experience of SMC, really.
    A 2 year insurance company warranty would cost up to £4-500. I had no problem with mine and had the diff replaced.

thats what i have, after the smc one ran out, i got another 2year one from them which could well be the 2year insurance backed one. not sure how much i paid for extended it tho. was last summer that i extended it
    Peter Essling

#576 ZT-T SE Pearl Black mikpeirce's Avatar

Default Test drive

I also viewed this car last September/October, makes me smile that they still have got it advertised at the same price for over 6 months!

I decided at the time not to go for it, seemed to pull a little on the test drive and there was a little bit of steering wheel shake. Also I'm pretty sure it looked like the car had some paintwork on the o/s rear quarter.

I thought I'd mention these points in-case you missed them and weren't hipnotised by that lovely V8 burble!

Still looking for the right ZT-T for myself, even after Mr Tax man wants to roger as all from next year with his doubleing of road tax.

Good luck if you do manage to get this car for the right money.

ZT-T 260 SE VIN 405

Must admit I did not notice any problems with the steering. Also didn't notice any paint repairs although it was raining when I viewed the car.

I only got 12months from SMC. Purchased a further 3 years from warranty direct.