Hi everyone, having owned your typical mix of German and swedish performance cars over the years I have recently 'found' the 260 and find its case difficicult to resist.

Some say that the overall technical dynamics can't compete with the audi/bmw offerings whether it be chassis, gearbox,economy etc but in my opinion this completely misses the point, the character and sheer personality of these cars leaves the others looking very bland to say the least. So I am seriously interested in buying one, some initial advice please on the following

1. Is the mpg as seriously bad as I have heard? what is the best and worst case scenario?
2. The parts/service situation worries me, am I right in saying that a lot of the ex franchise garages still service the cars using the company x part?
3. What is the cambelt interval for the 260?
4. Is depreciation a major concern? they seem remarkably good value at the mopment but I don't want it going the same way as a vitesse turbo coupe I had which I couldn't giveaway!
5. I read a lot of debate about the standard exhaust and aftermarket versions, having heard both on you tube it really is difficult to hear the differance, is this the case?

Many thanks to all!