Thread: New Member

Default New Member

Just like to welcome myself and will hopefully be picking up a ZT260 in BRG (079) this Saturday (Paid £500 deposit today + sorted out ins.). Car has 21k on the clock; One Owner + Rover.Paying £9999 (Dealer)..but got quite a good price on my P/Ex (Merc A140).
    Anyone know ANYTHING about this car ...before I sign my life away?

Was tempted by 5k on the clock 56 (Non SE) car advertised in Bounmouth in X-Power Grey for £11995...but the car i've put deposit on "seemed" all there (Did usual checks from "Spunagain" etc + local to where I live, car currently in Reigate area.

It's when you start reading "these blogs" that you get a bit jittery until you get the car when you read things like "The later ones are better"'; "Must have the Traction control" etc..that this one isn't!!. Try and reasure me out there . Cheers!!

Regards, Andrew

You're doing all right Andrew. Mines a mk1, the mk2's are far too common.

The fact is you are buying one of the best British cars of the modern day era. AND for 10k, can't be bad. Good luck Saturday.
    Tim Hayton

Some men see things as they are and say why - I dream things that never were and say why not.

cough cough cough Mk2,

you won't regret it, the best car i've owned and one that i'm going to keep.
    Peter Essling

Tim, what's this about the Mk2's being far too common, tut tut please explain yourself!

Now then, If Andrew or anybody else who may be interested in owning a real MK2! I have an update on the ROVER SE 5 DOOR at SMC, it is going on the forecourt, maybe tomorrow, priced at, wait for it - £17,995, what a steal....

All the best,
    Eddy

ps Am getting my ZEROS's upgraded next week

Thanks for the replies and reassurance that the MK1 (You know..THE Better looking one, with the Bentley Grill) is the better car to go for!!....

Seriously; Later on...Say, 5k down the road (and hopefully NOT sooner with something mechanically dire!)..Where should I get it serviced/Repiared etc..

The reason I ask is that I read "somewhere" that there was a garage that serviced V8 American/Mustangs etc.. in the Reigate /Redhill area - Anyone know of it?
    Can anyone recommend anywhere near to where I live? . I commute to Caanary Wharf eveery day...so somewhere nr. a mainlaine station that i can leave the car at (weekdays) would also be good.

I live nr. East Grinstead (10 miles from Gatwick Area).

Thanks for the support out there !!
    Kindest Regards, Andrew

Bristol / or back home in Cornwall, United Kingdom.

enjoy your MK1 Andrew!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew M View Post
    Thanks for the replies and reassurance that the MK1 (You know..THE Better looking one, with the Bentley Grill) is the better car to go for!!....

Seriously; Later on...Say, 5k down the road (and hopefully NOT sooner with something mechanically dire!)..Where should I get it serviced/Repiared etc..

The reason I ask is that I read "somewhere" that there was a garage that serviced V8 American/Mustangs etc.. in the Reigate /Redhill area - Anyone know of it?
    Can anyone recommend anywhere near to where I live? . I commute to Caanary Wharf eveery day...so somewhere nr. a mainlaine station that i can leave the car at (weekdays) would also be good.

I live nr. East Grinstead (10 miles from Gatwick Area).

Thanks for the support out there !!
    Kindest Regards, Andrew
    Welcome Andrew,

This may help:

https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/showthread.php?p=7238#post7238

Regards

Nich - Mk II ZT-T Owner - You know, the less good looking one!

Last edited by Nich; 07-11-2007 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nich View Post
    Welcome Andrew,

This may help:

https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/showthread.php?p=7238#post7238

Regards

Nich - Mk II ZT-T Owner - You know, the less good looking one!

Cough Cough .... hehehhe

oh and re the traction its right PITA rofl...

Good luck with your new purchase....

Nick.
    Nick