Hello one and all!

I'm Simon, 21, and a BT Engineer from Burton on Trent.

I took the plunge a couple of weeks ago while I was actually looking at getting a MKII Seat Leon FR TD. Ever since I heard a couple of rather lovely cars at MGFest last year (some may have seen me in the ZR when three 3 Counties MG cars arrived in the arena, back from our charity run, just before the exhaust competition) I knew I'd have one at some point; and when I saw this one at the price it was up for, there was no way I was passing up a look!

As you can see, it's a MKI (non-SE) on a '54' plate, which I'm told is odd as the facelift was on '04' plates? I assume mine was sat around for a while. It's got - if I'm remembering rightly - the drivers intelligence pack, which is nice. It's going into Nick at Austin Garages tomorrow for a full going over/service which is mainly for my peace of mind 'cos it's running sweet as a nut

It's a bit of a change from my previous cars, but I've always had MG-R: First car was a 214Si, then a 220SDi, then a 218iS and finally a ZR TD (which, until now, was my most powerful car @ 130bhp ). The 260's just a little bit different! I just can't get enough of the sound of it; I find myself driving everywhere with the radio off and the windows down!

...Whoa, looking back at that, t'is rather a lot of writing, sorry I still get excited when I know I'm going out in the car! Sad, huh?

Cheers all,
Simon.

P.S. Saw a few 260's at Stoneleigh on Sunday - looking/sounding good!