New here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New here

Default New here

Hello There ive just registered to the 260's forum as i am interested it getting a 260 within the next year or so after i become bored with my FTO.

Ive been interested in the ZT260 ever since i saw an article for one in Practical Performance cars. I just wanted to ask whats it like owning and running a 260???

Thanks

Rob79

Thumbs up

Problem we suffer from Rob is objectivity

Whats it like?

I would say its the best Q car around, not stressed in any way when driving, sounds like a typical large bore V8 should sound.

A mustang in drang which can take corners.

Starting it up in the mornings is always a plessure

Being able to drive at 30 in 5th

Driving through tunnels and between buildings

Fuel costs can be an issue, servicing every 5000, replacing tyres every 8k or so miles. But if you buy a muscle car you would expect to have to folk out the bunce.
    Tim Hayton

Some men see things as they are and say why - I dream things that never were and say why not.

Well i have an FTO & i love the sound of the V6 engine in that, but a V8 would sound fantastic. My FTO does about 35mpg if i dont boot it and about 20-25 if i do & i have to service mine every 9000miles.

I know that running a 260 wouldnt be cheap, but seeing the prices there going for now 10k-15k thats a bargin considering they where approx 30k from new.

It's nice to drive a car rarer than most. Especially one with as much character as the 260.

Costs are a little pricey, but if you factor in the cost of actually buying the car compared to an equivalent specced and aged competitor, you will have a lot of change in your pocket to cover the petrol and tyres for a while

Oh and it makes a proper sound without the need of a err... a 'phat' exhuast
    Although the aftermarket zeroes/xpowers make things that little bit louder and sweeter

Edit: Although I know what you mean about V6 'purr'. I sometimes miss my omegas sound. V6s are lovely and smooth.
    Last edited by SH4RKY; 11-09-2007 at 07:43 AM.
    Ian

Bristol / or back home in Cornwall, United Kingdom.

It could well end up being the one of the best descisions you ever make!

Best car for me ever such a delight to get into after a week in the van, this ones for keeps !

Thats what i though cos ive seen em ranging from 10 - 15k and considering the mpg is roughly 21-28 according to various mags. so whatever i save on price goes on fuel.
    but compared to what else i was thinkin of getting a ClioV6 The 260 has cheaper parts and is cheaper to run.
    Do the xpower/zero exhausts make a diff to BHP or just the sound???

Just sound Rob
    Tim Hayton

Some men see things as they are and say why - I dream things that never were and say why not.

16-25 mpg

Edit: However Scoobies etc are no better and often worse.
    Ian

Well i didnt really want a scooby or a evo as it seem every c**ts got1. I want something a little less rarer that will bring smiles per gallon