Coolant Leak - Interior - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Coolant Leak - Interior

Quote Originally Posted by WelshPetrolhead View Post
    Well, had another look this afternoon. There was a fresh drip on the hoses but the valve still looks fine to me. I'm more and more convinced that its a hose/connection issue rather than the valve itself. I did try to get to the clips to try and seat the hoses better but with the pedals in the way and some of the clips facing the bulkhead I just can't get any purchase on them.

The good news is all the fluids in the engine bay are good. Coolant still at max, and I did 30odd miles in it yesterday. I have in the meantime put some pieces of sponge around the hoses to absorb the weeping and will keep a regular eye on it. Will look to get it booked into Austins at some point to get it looked at, order another DMGRS valve as a backup and may as well get the plenum valve fitted then too seeing as I have one ready to go.
    It maybe that the olives on the valve were not soldered properly as mine were not , I had to resolder the olives to make it sound so it wouldn't leak past them.
    Last edited by jeff turbo; 17-03-2024 at 06:44 PM.
    1958 Ford Consul Convertible
    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive, being restored
    1997 Jaguar XK8 Convertible
    2003 Number 182 MGZT V8
    2004 MGZT cdti Poseidon
    2004 Number 76 MGZT V8

I did send my old four way Rover balance valve back to Nick for refurb when I bought a new one from him - so if anyone needs the footwell valve for the Rover, he should have one in the pipeline.

Quote Originally Posted by RattyB View Post
    I did send my old four way Rover balance valve back to Nick for refurb when I bought a new one from him - so if anyone needs the footwell valve for the Rover, he should have one in the pipeline.
    Good man.
    Recognise it?
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/196173273...8AAOSwtP9lmVWF

Daavid