Coolant Leak - Interior

Thread: Coolant Leak - Interior

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by WelshPetrolhead View Post
    Hi

Still waiting to receive the questionnaire for full access but in the meantime... I have noticed a strong smell of coolant in the cabin once the car is up to temperature. On investigation today (the car has not been used so cold) I have found evidence of a leak in the drivers foot well, next to the clutch pedal. I have attached an image..

It looks to me like the middle hose isn't properly seated or is this wishful thinking? I am aware that there is a 3 way valve above this just out of shot, but that part appears to be unobtainable. I've only had a quick look so far as it started to rain quite heavily, hoping to get a dry day this weekend.

If it is the valve, how would I approach this going forward? I only bought the car a week ago (privately, and I don't recall smelling coolant on the test drive)

Thanks in advance,

Ben
    Yes that is the 3-hose, 2-way balance valve, or a hose to it. They were available exchange from Austin Garages a little while back for around £200 (admin@austingarages.co.uk). Unsure if they still have one. Drop them an email. Specify balance valve and RHD ZT260 (Rovers are 4-hose, and LHD are different).
    Alternative is DMGRS. Make sure you specify the balance valve under the dash NOT the plenum valve. Again unsure about the valve being a direct fit. Someone here modified a valve to work though, and I'll try and sort out the reference later today. Busy now with a gutted interior fixing a sunroof rain-water leakage, and need this single dry day!

David
    Last edited by David; 16-03-2024 at 09:31 AM.