Rear diff mounting bracket - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Rear diff mounting bracket

Quote Originally Posted by jeff turbo View Post
    I thought he had a good reputation but clearly doesn't know much about V8's or how to keep a customer happy. You do know it's very awkward to replace the down pipe gasket in situ ? It's not good that you have to finish the job yourself and to undo the non finished job.
    To be fair he has put his hands up to the faults and has said sorry, plus hes sending my undertray back to me via tracked delivery, I dont like to moan or get arsey with people but then i get no where with things.

The down pipes look like a git to do,my local mechanic here who takes care of my van will take a look if need be.

Quote Originally Posted by phil260 View Post
    To be fair he has put his hands up to the faults and has said sorry, plus hes sending my undertray back to me via tracked delivery, I dont like to moan or get arsey with people but then i get no where with things.

The down pipes look like a git to do,my local mechanic here who takes care of my van will take a look if need be.
    That being the case, he should then have put his hands down into his pockets, paid for the car's transport back to him and rectification. For free.
    I imagine the bill you just paid was sizeable.

David

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    That being the case, he should then have put his hands down into his pockets, paid for the car's transport back to him and rectification. For free.
    I imagine the bill you just paid was sizeable.

David
    Have to assume so as the engine and gearbox has to come out. After 14 weeks waiting I think Phil is grateful just to have it back . Looks like he will address the issues in due time, have to also assume he's getting some money back as Tom had owned up to the issues he left
    1958 Ford Consul Convertible
    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive, being restored
    1997 Jaguar XK8 Convertible
    2003 Number 182 MGZT V8
    2004 MGZT cdti Poseidon
    2004 Number 76 MGZT V8

Have to assume so as the engine and gearbox has to come out. After 14 weeks waiting I think Phil is grateful just to have it back . Looks like he will address the issues in due time, have to also assume he's getting some money back as Tom had owned up to the issues he left
    I spent a whisper over 2grand, I just want my undertray back and will get the issues fixed here in my home town.
    Not fussed about getting money back, just glad to have the car sitting here with me.

I spent a whisper over 2grand, I just want my undertray back and will get the issues fixed here in my home town.
    Not fussed about getting money back, just glad to have the car sitting here with me.
    Gulp I must remember not to use his services in the future, best of luck with fixing the issues Phil
    You're very generous not wanting any return of the fee
    did the rear diff mount bushes get sorted btw? or are you getting someone else to do?
    Last edited by jeff turbo; 18-10-2023 at 02:59 PM.
    2003 Number 182 MGZT V8
    2004 MGZT cdti Poseidon
    2004 Number 76 MGZT V8

Gulp I must remember not to use his services in the future, best of luck with fixing the issues Phil
    You're very generous not wanting any return of the fee
    did the rear diff mount bushes get sorted btw? or are you getting someone else to do?
    I did have new coil packs spark plugs and 2 engine mounts fitted aswell for that price,
    Yes DMGRS did me proud on them ordered friday they got them in stock for the Tuesday and on my door step wednesday morning.
    2 new diff shocks here aswell through the e shop.
    Yes my local garage will be removing and refiting the bushes after the tales of woe about them being a pig to do.

I did have new coil packs spark plugs and 2 engine mounts fitted aswell for that price,
    Yes DMGRS did me proud on them ordered friday they got them in stock for the Tuesday and on my door step wednesday morning.
    2 new diff shocks here aswell through the e shop.
    Yes my local garage will be removing and refiting the bushes after the tales of woe about them being a pig to do.
    They were new coil packs on the car when I got it back roadworthy Phil. They came with the car so were they faulty ?
    2003 Number 182 MGZT V8
    2004 MGZT cdti Poseidon
    2004 Number 76 MGZT V8

They were new coil packs on the car when I got it back roadworthy Phil. They came with the car so were they faulty ?
    Yes it developed a missfire and wouldnt fire up when hot.

Yes it developed a missfire and wouldnt fire up when hot.
    Blimey they didn't last long
    2003 Number 182 MGZT V8
    2004 MGZT cdti Poseidon
    2004 Number 76 MGZT V8

Blimey they didn't last long
    Only done a couple of thousand miles since having the car, Replaced them with motorcraft ones so will see how it goes.