Rear diff mounting bracket - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Rear diff mounting bracket

Quote Originally Posted by phil260 View Post
    Only done a couple of thousand miles since having the car, Replaced them with Motorcraft ones so will see how it goes.
    My original MGR (=Motorcraft) lasted over 200k miles after Longbridge first fitted them in 2005, before the first and only failure. On that basis you should be OK for a while!
    If you don't mind me asking, what did you end up paying for genuine Motorcraft ones, and where did you get them?

David
    Last edited by David; 20-10-2023 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    My original MGR (=Motorcraft) lasted over 200k miles after Longbridge first fitted them in 2005, before the first and only failure. On that basis you should be OK for a while!
    If you don't mind me asking, what did you end up paying for genuine Motorcraft ones, and where did you get them?

David
    You were lucky David, the general consensus is they usually last about a third of that mileage, I had one fail at 62k, the MSD's are a big improvement in my opinion.
    Steve

The improvement when I fitted the MSDs was vast, but that clearly came in part from very 'aged' COPs at 200k, and the fact that I changed all the injectors for new at the same time. I'm sure that when COPs get old, they fade off gradually, so you wouldn't notice. Only when 1 fails that you think about it.

I'm having to replace one of my MSDs too now, not through failure as such, but because the long spring inside the COP's pencil-boot which connects to the sparkplug was almost rusted away as a result of coolant leaking into the plug-well from an intake gasket leak at #8. Caused I am certain by a garage not re-torquing down when warm as required (and asked). The intake bolt behind #8 is difficult to get to for torquing down without burning your hands on the EGR gubbins when hot. An expensive failure all round, but you try proving it! Only when I started getting misfires did I remove the COP and saw what had been going on. Gooze were happy to oblige, at Euro 63 each for singletons. Ouch.

David
    Last edited by David; 21-10-2023 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post

David

24pounds per pack, they was supplied by the garage doing the work