Rear diff mounting bracket

Thread: Rear diff mounting bracket

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The improvement when I fitted the MSDs was vast, but that clearly came in part from very 'aged' COPs at 200k, and the fact that I changed all the injectors for new at the same time. I'm sure that when COPs get old, they fade off gradually, so you wouldn't notice. Only when 1 fails that you think about it.

I'm having to replace one of my MSDs too now, not through failure as such, but because the long spring inside the COP's pencil-boot which connects to the sparkplug was almost rusted away as a result of coolant leaking into the plug-well from an intake gasket leak at #8. Caused I am certain by a garage not re-torquing down when warm as required (and asked). The intake bolt behind #8 is difficult to get to for torquing down without burning your hands on the EGR gubbins when hot. An expensive failure all round, but you try proving it! Only when I started getting misfires did I remove the COP and saw what had been going on. Gooze were happy to oblige, at Euro 63 each for singletons. Ouch.

David
    Last edited by David; 21-10-2023 at 03:04 PM.