Abs ecu - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Abs ecu

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Geoff these claim to remanufacture the assembly. Product information - ACTRONICS LTD
    If that is possible, I wonder if a small volume production could help with the price?
    The investment may be too great, but perhaps a small stock, say 5, would be a viable number for the Two-Sixties to think about, like the shock absorber initiatives over the years?

Perhaps too little information as yet; they may not even be in a position to produce them, and there is no price indication, let alone the possibility of any significant "volume" discount, but just floating the idea.

David
    Last edited by David; 22-07-2023 at 09:39 AM.

I contacted ACtronics and they do not manufacture these units and the repairs they do are similar to other companies,so at the minute Im still looking for a solution,I am waiting for a report from ECU testing to tell me what was wrong with the unit I sent

I know its not a fix but at least you can get an MOT on it if you use one of these
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284391834...gaAgm4EALw_wcB
    ECU repair and a lot of these companies know the common problem with BOSCH ABS Ecu's is dry soldered joints and cracked solder, once they have a go at doing this they rarely try anything else.
    I had the same problem on a Saab a few years ago.

I have been in touch with Tom Force at force tuning,he reckons he can change the complete pump,rewire,and alter brake pipes for £450 plus vat,If iI cant find somebody closer to where I live I'll have to bite the bullet and get the car transported to his place

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff G View Post
    I have been in touch with Tom Force at force tuning,he reckons he can change the complete pump,rewire,and alter brake pipes for £450 plus vat,If iI cant find somebody closer to where I live I'll have to bite the bullet and get the car transported to his place
    I did read that he can do this but Chris at retro said it can't be done. But it has been done so it's your decision. Tom does have a good reputation but it's your car so you must make the decision.
    1958 Ford Consul Convertible
    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive, being restored
    1997 Jaguar XK8 Convertible
    2003 Number 182 MGZT V8
    2004 MGZT cdti Poseidon
    2004 Number 76 MGZT V8

I suppose you have to take his word for it that it all works as it should (or not).
    Bit of a leap of faith. As far as I know, you can't really properly test it easily, only perhaps an indication that something is happening on lockup. The diagonal X and front-rear H design differences, between FWD and RWD designs worry me.

You could ask Tom for some proof that it actually works as it should for almost 550 quid I would think!

En passant,
    ... I am waiting for a report from ECU testing to tell me what was wrong with the unit I sent
    ... did you ever get that report, Geoff?

David
    Last edited by David; 26-07-2023 at 03:36 PM.

Did you manage to fix your issue Geoff?
    1958 Ford Consul Convertible
    1965 Ford Zodiac Executive, being restored
    1997 Jaguar XK8 Convertible
    2003 Number 182 MGZT V8
    2004 MGZT cdti Poseidon
    2004 Number 76 MGZT V8

Default ABS unit repaired

Well Ive had the unit repaired by a company carelectronics87@gmail.com,it was a cracked pin on the plug socket .Its been back on the car for a month now and all seems OK.Im surprised at these bigger companys who claim to remanufacture the units wouldnt attempt a repair.It did take 7 weeks from despatch to return so not the speediest.

Cheers Geoff

Is this the company Geoff. If so it could be listed as potential repairer. Car electronics UK ECU | eBay Stores
    I used to be indecisive but now I'm not so sure.
    When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth

2004 MG ZT 260SE Pearl Black
    1960 MGA Roadster Flame Red

10 years ago I had a Saab 9-5 Aero with a faulty ABS unit, I sent it off to ECU repair and they sent it back saying it was unrepairable. When I rung they told me all they can do is resolder joints in the unit as they have no components to replace anything and would have charged £200.
    From what I gather most of the time cracked solder is usually the problem.