code 0443

Thread: code 0443

Default code 0443

hi just bought my 260 and 0443 code keeps com
    ing on is this the charcoal canister and purge valve if so were can I get them from thanks stick.

Quote Originally Posted by sticky View Post
    hi just bought my 260 and 0443 code keeps com
    ing on is this the charcoal canister and purge valve if so were can I get them from thanks stick.
    That P0443 EVAP code is becoming increasingly frequent lately. Much more common with the Rover 75 V8 than the ZT 260s for some reason. You can try checking and cleaning up all connections, or actually replacing the EVAP solenoid / Purge valve, but usually neither works unfortunately, I hear. If you do go that route, this or similar is the part (even in the US, original Ford Motorcraft/MGR ones are pretty much NLA).
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00BIDGM...B4aieDmuGx6c_I.
    Alternative is to try buying that or a different make equivalent in the States, from RockAuto for example.

However you may well find that a new ECU or repair by (say) Chris Flanagan (Retro Sports Cars) is needed. Either way the ECU route will mean that you are looking at a bill of well over £200. A new ECU will need the correct MGR software, auto or manual and not Mustang, and then need installing with a T4 session on your car; your own ECU, repaired and recoded, would not.

You say "just bought"; did the seller not mention the EML code to you? He/she should have, I think.
    What is the car's VIN (last 3 digits)? Maybe there is some history to be seen here on the Forum, but would only be available to view when you become a full member, I'm afraid. As well as lots of advice and information, you will have access to the Club Shop then too. Invaluable. That should be your priority I think, Dave. PM Tim, or send him an email at mg.zt260@ntlworld.com, and ask for a full membership questionnaire to be emailed to you.

David
    Last edited by David; 21-05-2023 at 10:18 AM.

David has described the situation to a tee. I finally got hold of s/h ECU and had this programmed.

Where are you located sticky?

Kev

soz kev I'm in warrington

hi thanks is the purge valve and solenoid all in one I'll order the one you gave link for and if Necessary have the ecu repair done thanks sticky

Quote Originally Posted by sticky View Post
    hi thanks is the purge valve and solenoid all in one I'll order the one you gave link for and if Necessary have the ecu repair done thanks sticky
    Yes, that's right.

David

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Yes, that's right.

David
    thanks again dave sorry took a while to answer still working out how to use forum my daughter has left home lol