Any one want a cheap 75mm throttle body

Thread: Any one want a cheap 75mm throttle body

Default Any one want a cheap 75mm throttle body

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/304884918159
    Nothing to do with me but seems like a bargain for someone.
    Last edited by David; 11-04-2023 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/304884918159
    Nothing to do with me but seems like a bargain for someone.
    The advertiser is a member here, I see ('Spinakerr'), but didn't think about putting it in the "Items for Sale" thread here for some reason.
    Those bodies are still available on the 'Bay but at a tad over 40 quid , and I don't think you really need the extra screws etc. which they send you new from China. May be wrong. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300829363968

David
    Last edited by David; 11-04-2023 at 02:31 PM.

It was the lack of extra bits in comparison to the similar eBay items that put me off, not knowing if they were needed or not.
    Life's too short to drive boring cars!

MG ZT 260 #442 in XPower Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Dashnine View Post
    It was the lack of extra bits in comparison to the similar eBay items that put me off, not knowing if they were needed or not.
    You only know for 100% when you have it in your hand, but the one from the club a few of years back, came with nothing extra, no screws etc., and fitted "plug 'n play". Just reused the existing fitting nuts and re-used the paper gasket, if that's any guide. Only problems were the TPS screws (gave up, and bought a new TPS, fitted using socket-cap M5x30 bolts), and tempting the 'rubber' trunking to grow to 75mm!

A very worthwhile improvement I found, together with the EGR plate, and even then at over £100, a cheap, effective power-per-pound choice.

David
    Last edited by David; 11-04-2023 at 04:43 PM.

So to the follow on, is there more power to be gained from the extra air without a remap, does the ECU detect more air going in and add more fuel? Is there a noticeable benefit (with or without a rolling road)?

I suppose the answer to both is yes, otherwise why bother?. :-)
    Life's too short to drive boring cars!

MG ZT 260 #442 in XPower Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Dashnine View Post
    So to the follow on, is there more power to be gained from the extra air without a remap, does the ECU detect more air going in and add more fuel? Is there a noticeable benefit (with or without a rolling road)?

I suppose the answer to both is yes, otherwise why bother?. :-)
    No proof of extra hp, but certainly FEELS like it has. Also feels much smoother running, better pick-up and eager in acceleration, particularly 500-2500 range. Ever so slightly better consumption figures (?). No down side?

That is extra important on an auto like mine of course, since it influences the shift point logic of the ECU in a positive way, but most ZT260 owners are satisfied too, I believe.

Like I say, low cost, no re-map, P&P DIY job. Just don't expect it to feel like a Dreadnought or Roush equipped car as a result!

David
    Last edited by David; 11-04-2023 at 05:03 PM.

Yes worth fitting, no down sides. As David has said the rubber hose needs some help to get it to fit over the bigger inlet. I used a hot air gun to warm it up. The existing jubille clip will still work.

The biggest difference I noticed was the mid range pick up and it seems to run out of breath higher up the rev range.

Nothing to worry about with the emissions, mine always fly's through the annual MOT.

Hi all -sorry I should have posted here first - just having a clear out of a lot of items for all the cars in the garages!

Will put items here in future.

Went to a member here I believe.