Black Oak dashboard and trim

Thread: Black Oak dashboard and trim

Default Black Oak dashboard and trim

Hi all - slim chance I know, but if anyone knows of a full black oak dash set, manual gearbox surround, please let me know - including a black oak steering wheel!

I see various bits come up on eBay but would prefer to get a whole set in one go if possible.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinakerr View Post
    Hi all - slim chance I know, but if anyone knows of a full black oak dash set, manual gearbox surround, please let me know - including a black oak steering wheel! ...
    Very definition of hens' teeth, except the gear lever surround which, being unique to ZT260 RHD, is pterodactyl teeth! Only the LHD one is rarer.

David
    Last edited by David; 19-02-2023 at 02:39 PM.

How about Hydro Dipping what you have? There is a place not far from me who does it and it amazing to see the results. Once dipped it is lacquered.
    No idea of the cost but considering the rarity of what you have are looking for might be a solution.

Steve

Thank you both - yes I know its a long shot - I'm no hurry but the silver plastic is just not somethign I can endure forever! I may look into a pre project drive R75 set, as it would complement the green nicely I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinakerr View Post
    Thank you both - yes I know its a long shot - I'm no hurry but the silver plastic is just not somethign I can endure forever! I may look into a pre project drive R75 set, as it would complement the green nicely I think.
    The FWD Rover 75 manual gear lever surround won't fit though. Unique to ZT 260. Even the R75V8 one is different to the R75 FWD auto version; no commonality.
    Alternatively you could have everything professionally painted up in BRG body-colour? Matter of taste, but a fairly original looking solution?
    Even the steering wheel is do-able, having seen one done in Typhoon/leather instead of "wood"/leather.

If you haven't already done so, you should read this HUGE thread about #027, also in BRG. Fantastic read.
    https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc26...59-27-progress
    Posts #44 and #143 or thereabouts (and maybe more), show the dash in BRG. Steering wheel standard though. Some interesting, if probably expensive seating and interior trim too. Much of that thread is also to be seen in the MGOC 'Enjoying MG' monthly mag, which you can still see electronically on-line on the MGOC site. in 'The Monster files' articles, were published bi-monthly between September 2020 and May 2021.

David
    Last edited by David; 20-02-2023 at 12:44 PM.

I managed to secure a black oak complete trim set for £75, so I'm lhappy for now - the only bit missing is a 4 hole switch section, the one I have only has 3. If anyone knows of one of those going let me know.

Ignore my post i failed to see you had already got one.
    Last edited by JJay; 04-08-2023 at 08:03 PM.