R75 V8 selector cable

Thread: R75 V8 selector cable

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by RattyB View Post
    ...There is a Ford Part number of XR3Z-7E396-PW which Byron Rowson suggests is the same part.
    I can't see how that can be, since the 'Stang cable is through to the shifter, not via an intermediate "push me pull you" quadrant, and then a 19cm quadrant>shifter rod after that, so probably be a great deal longer than the Rover one. On the other hand, if Byron has actually done it, so be it and I stand corrected, but I would otherwise put a big "?" on that. Dominic Middleton may know, or Brian (scooter) even ??

I suppose you could do a "quadrant delete", if that helped, but if it was designed by MGR in the way, it was for a reason, particularly if the Mustang cable would as suggested be a direct solution, and FOC. MGR did not like giving away money (not on paper anyway).

I think you are going to have to bite the bullet and get the cable off the car and source or remake a new one based on that.
    Almost 4 years of asking hasn't resulted in a NOS cable popping up, and I would suggest that's now unlikely.
    It is not too difficult to get to both ends of the Rover cable to remove it, as I recall?

David
    Last edited by David; 05-12-2022 at 10:01 AM.