A few issues to work on..

Thread: A few issues to work on..

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Cool A few issues to work on..

So, picked up my new (to me) ZT V8 on Saturday.

Had a great few days getting to know the car, lots of character and I love the sound! .

A few issues need attending to though.

The 1st one is a noise coming from what I think is the rear diff during deceleration.

I'm planning on Changing the oil first to see if that helps, but if it doesn't improve, what would you recommend?

2nd issue is some vibration though the front wheels.
    The front tyres are a bit cracked so I'm going to replace them and ballance the wheels, but if the vibration remains, what else should I check?

3rd issue is an occasional misfire under hard acceleration, also some unfamiliar sounds under the bonnet that may or may not be normal, but will post a video to confirm.

4th issue is today after a very short drive in the cold morning I noticed some steam coming from the top corner of the bonnet on passenger side (close to windscreen) . Checked under bonnet and seemed to be coming from side of engine. Didn't last long and I don't think I've lost any coolant.

5th issue is an ABS light

6th issue is an EML light because of an EGR blanking plate. Can this be mapped out of the ECU ? Or do I need to put a small hole in the plate?

7th minor issue is the rear end seems a little too keen to step out. Is this because of the diff? Or because the front end feels softer than the rear? Perhaps suspension needs refreshing on the front?

Edit:

8th issue is a slack throttle cable and a rough feel under operation.

9th issue is a slight notchy feel to the clutch pedal.
    Last edited by Gaz; 28-09-2022 at 10:54 PM.