Highline Instrument Cluster Wanted - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Highline Instrument Cluster Wanted

Quote Originally Posted by scoubix View Post
    French, did you say?
    Both of my cars have MkIV already. However I can fairly easily change the languages in that unit of yours if you want to, you just need to send that drive to me.
    I have the software and K-Bus interface adapter to connect to it.
    I purchased another Mk.IV with English as one of the languages in its firmware, so I have no direct need anymore.
    Swallowed my pride and mentally "wrote off" the Euro 75 I had paid for the original Italian/French/German one (now I know why it was cheap!) and it is still sitting on my 'spares-shelf'.

I had already purchased a Resler USB interface cable to hack into the K-Bus too, but chickened out in case I really screwed things up! Also, although I downloaded Navcoder and found an English .LNG language file to download, you had said back in June '20:

"it will ask for the firmware CD for the satnav language change, and you can't use BMW ones on a Rover unit, you need the specific Rover CD.".
    ... and that I did not have, so the Resler interface is also now sitting next to the Mk IV on the 'spares-shelf' !

David
    Last edited by David; 08-09-2022 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    I purchased another Mk.IV with English as one of the languages in its firmware, so I have no direct need anymore.
    Swallowed my pride and mentally "wrote off" the Euro 75 I had paid for the original Italian/French/German one (now I know why it was cheap!) and it is still sitting on my 'spares-shelf'.

I had already purchased a Resler USB interface cable to hack into the K-Bus too, but chickened out in case I really screwed things up! Also, although I downloaded Navcoder and found an English .LNG language file to download, you had said back in June '20:

... and that I did not have, so the Resler interface is also now sitting next to the Mk IV on the 'spares-shelf' !

David
    For the MkIV you would need the BMW v32 firmware CD, which is readily available out there
    1999 2.5 V6 Rover 75 Connoisseur - Dealer Launch - LHD
    2004 4.6 V8 MG ZT-T (the only known auto ZT-T V8) - LHD
    1993 2.7 V6 Rover 827 Coupé - LHD
    1993 Rover 216 GSi
    1975 Rover P6 3500

Quote Originally Posted by scoubix View Post
    For the MkIV you would need the BMW v32 firmware CD, which is readily available out there
    Appreciate that, Nicolas, but I was referring to the language change process using a Resler cable and Navcoder. You said then that " ... it will ask for the firmware CD for the satnav language change, and you can't use BMW ones on a Rover unit, you need the specific Rover CD.".

I infer from that, that the CD asked for is not the same as the BMW V.32 (copied) CD I used simply to update my (English language) Mk.IV firmware level for running 2019 maps DVDs therefore?

David
    Last edited by David; 11-09-2022 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Appreciate that, Nicolas, but I was referring to the language change process using a Resler cable and Navcoder. You said then that " ... it will ask for the firmware CD for the satnav language change, and you can't use BMW ones on a Rover unit, you need the specific Rover CD.".

I infer from that, that the CD asked for is not the same as the BMW V.32 (copied) CD I used simply to update my (English language) Mk.IV firmware level for running 2019 maps DVDs therefore?

David
    Well the MkIV IS a BMW unit, so yes you would need a BMW firmware CD, that is V32, to change its languages. You'd need a Rover CD only for the Rover MkIII units that were factory-fit on our cars...
    1999 2.5 V6 Rover 75 Connoisseur - Dealer Launch - LHD
    2004 4.6 V8 MG ZT-T (the only known auto ZT-T V8) - LHD
    1993 2.7 V6 Rover 827 Coupé - LHD
    1993 Rover 216 GSi
    1975 Rover P6 3500

So, can a highline instrument cluster be fitted to a car without the trip computer originaly fitted,
    ie non - SE.
    If so is it a case of fitting the cluster the control stalk and then a T4 session?
    MG ZT 260 #609, 2005, Royal Blue