The 260 market drying up? Some worrying observations.

Thread: The 260 market drying up? Some worrying observations.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Dashnine View Post
    I guess it depends on your point of view, as an owner or prospective buyer. As a buyer there's less to choose from, and current fuel prices won't help people decide to sell a 20mpg car but to an owner maybe it's a precursor to prices going up...
    They should by flying off the shelves then, but they are not (yet). Selling one appears still to be a long and painful process as ever; buying one can also be much the same, with one or two "dogs" starting to pop up now!

Five to seven years ago we had a similar 260/75V8 market here in Holland, as far as number of vehicles was concerned. I bought mine then (on the telephone) in 5 minutes, within a few hours of the listing. There was a queue of people (really) waiting when I went to pay and collect, just in case I changed my mind or wanted an instant profit. Not like that now, here or in the UK by the look of it. My 'Olive' is a keeper, until I pop my clogs!

HowManyLeft is a useful tool, but beware - it's like disappearing down a rabbit hole!
    Loads of fake news there, I'm afraid. More Rover 75 V8 Tourers still exist than were ever made, for example.

David
    Last edited by David; 25-03-2022 at 12:20 PM.