Suspension Advice

Thread: Suspension Advice

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Through further investigation i only get wheel wobble when the front left wheel goes over pot holes/bumps, right wheel only going over pot holes, no wobble what's so ever.

2 new top strut mounts are on their way from DMGRS which will hopefully solve 1 (clonk noise) if not both problems. If not then potential wishbone bushes.

Quote Originally Posted by DomT101 View Post
    ... If not then potential wishbone bushes.
    The clonk noise as well as the wobble could actually both come from the lower arm rubber bush too of course, and, as Steve says, it could also be either of the two ball joint in the wishbone, causing both clonk and wobble.

Track-rod end ball joints and play on the joint between inner track-rod and the end of the rack, are also possibilities. All should be easy to check, but don't be afraid to be a bit "strenuous" with them!

It is difficult to diagnose the reason for noises you haven't had the opportunity of hearing, of course .

David
    Last edited by David; 30-03-2022 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    The clonk noise as well as the wobble could actually both come from the lower arm rubber bush too of course, and, as Steve says, it could also be either of the two ball joint in the wishbone, causing both clonk and wobble.

Track-rod end ball joints and play on the joint between inner track-rod and the end of the rack, are also possibilities. All should be easy to check, but don't be afraid to be a bit "strenuous" with them!

It is difficult to diagnose the reason for noises you haven't had the opportunity of hearing, of course .

David
    Very true. Like i said i can't see/feel any obvious play jacked up using my meat tools (hands & arms). I'll see if the garage can find anything before replacing top mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by DomT101 View Post
    Very true. Like i said i can't see/feel any obvious play jacked up using my meat tools (hands & arms). I'll see if the garage can find anything before replacing top mounts.
    Yes, a couple of zonking great tyre-levers are the best bet.

David