2006 mg ztt 260

Thread: 2006 mg ztt 260

Default 2006 mg ztt 260

Hi,
    I am new to the forum, I have had a 2006 MG ZTT for a while now, and the Heater Control Valve has packed in. While researching i found out that Black Olive from the club, makes new Heater Valves. I was wondering if anyone new how to get in touch with him so that i could order a new heater valve.

Regards
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Radbourne View Post
    Hi,
    I am new to the forum, I have had a 2006 MG ZTT for a while now, and the Heater Control Valve has packed in. While researching i found out that Black Olive from the club, makes new Heater Valves. I was wondering if anyone new how to get in touch with him so that i could order a new heater valve.

Regards
    Brian
    Good morning Brian and welcome to the Forum.

The Black Olive valve you refer to is only available through the club shop, open only to full members of the Two-Sixties.
    Quite a few special 260 items are available there, many commissioned and made specially for club members.
    With parts become scarce or totally non-available, the club shop is often the only way of acquiring some items.

The Two-Sixties Forum is hosted by the MG Owners Club, and MGOC members can join the Two-Sixties as full members, free of charge.
    MGOC annual membership currently cost a little over £40. See: https://www.mgownersclub.co.uk/benefits

In addition to the shop, Two-Sixties full members have unrestricted access to a wealth of technical information and personal advice from expert owners here. To become a full member, send a message here to Tim, with your email address, asking for a questionnaire.

Hope that helps .

David
    Last edited by David; 25-11-2021 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Good morning Brian and welcome to the Forum.

The Black Olive valve you refer to is only available through the club shop, open only to full members of the Two-Sixties.
    Quite a few special 260 items are available there, many commissioned and made specially for club members.
    With parts become scarce or totally non-available, the club shop is often the only way of acquiring some items.

The Two-Sixties Forum is hosted by the MG Owners Club, and MGOC members can join the Two-Sixties as full members, free of charge.
    To become a full Two-Sixties member, send a message here to Tim, with your email address, asking for a questionnaire.

Hope that helps .

David
    Hi David,
    Thank you very much for the above information. Being new to the forum, what are the contact details for Tim, and how do i go about sending him a message / email. I am already a fully paid up member of the MGOC. Thank you again for your assistance.

Regards
    Brian

You can send a PM here by clicking on 'Private Messages' in the top menu-bar on this page, then in the 'My Messages' pane on the left click on 'Send New Message'. Recipient name 'Tim'.

Alternatively simply send an email to mods.twosixties@gmail.com , with a subject of 'To Tim. Questionnaire request'
    Explicitly include your email address in the body of the message, for sending the questionnaire please.

David

Hi David,
    Thank you for that information. I have messaged Tim, Now await his reply.

Regards
    Brian

Brian

The one I have recently fitted is one of these https://www.dmgrs.co.uk/products/zt2...30302459396232

Is a lot smaller than the black olive version and works perfectly, its almost exactly the same as the original item.

Still join the club though as there some great info and some one will always be able to come up with a way to solve a problem.

Steve

Welcome along Brian, return the questionnaire and will sort you out.

The DMGRS valve is as Steve says smaller and cheaper and is a good like for like replacement. The clubs though is a valve enhancement, using a brass three port valve.

Once a member and while in the shop look at the improved top heater hose. The originals have a habit of popping but if you have had your car for a good time then you may have had it sorted.
    Tim Hayton

Some men see things as they are and say why - I dream things that never were and say why not.

And done forget the heater pipe restrictor tube!

Jez Marsh

372 ZTT SE PBT
    M 260 MG

Quote Originally Posted by Jez Marsh View Post
    And done forget the heater pipe restrictor tube!
    May already have one fitted of course, not that they are expensive in the shop. Worth checking.
    Was yours already fitted, Jeremy, or did you end up buying one?

David