Central locking issue
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Central locking issue

Default Central locking issue

I've searched Google and most of the forums looking for an answer....

Basically I can't lock the car using the remote or lock all doors with the key either. When the lock button is pressed on the key/fob a short blip sounds from the alarm siren as if to say a door isn't closed properly etc..

Each door when opened displays on the dash inc bonnet and boot so it appears each lock switch is working as it should.

The micro switches in the drivers door lock appear to be working OK as one way will open all doors and the other will lock that door only and also sound the siren blip as above.

When I disconnect/ reconnect the fuse for the central locking the system works as it should.....I can lock/unlock 100 times and everything works as it should until the engine is started..stopped then back to the fault again.

When the fault is present I can't lock the doors from the interior lock button either.

Anti hijack works as should and locks all doors at x mph. Not sure what else it can be. Anybody got any ideas?

think there is a unrelated fuse that goes and can cause locking problems, Check fuse 36 passenger compartment fusebox,

C

Our Three bloo's, ZR105, ZT 260#50 , CDTI Auto ,now No1 Son has spoilt the set with a Firefrost 1.8T

I'll give it a try, but if the battery is disconnected for half hour or so to reset the bcu the locking/unlocking works as it should. Until the engine is started......May have to get it plugged in. Anybody got the software and knowhow in the South Yorkshire area?

I wounder if the fuse is the wrong one, would the engine electrical surge trip the solenoid out? Or could it be an earthing issue.
    Tim Hayton

Some men see things as they are and say why - I dream things that never were and say why not.

I've ordered a diagnostics kit from pscan.uk. hopefully the bcu will be able to tell me what its not happy with.
    I shall also look into the earthing side of things as that can play havoc with stuff like this. Good shout Tim.

I'll keep this thread updated with my findings should somebody else have the same issue.

Quick question..just need to know if the alarm is supposed to sound a blip when the car is locked?

I've pulled the fuse again so the central locking is working but still have the blip/ chirp when the car is locked from the fob. Alarm led on the dash lights up when locking.

Shouldn't do that. Looks like it 'thinks' a door, bonnet, or boot-lid etc. is still open, and warns that it can't lock/arm.
    I also get that if I remove the key from the ignition clumsily, when still sat in the driver's seat, and accidentally press the fob lock button.
    Doesn't lock anything then though, just complains. However, if I don't press the fob unlock then, it DOES set off the siren as soon as I open the door, so has actually armed (kind of).

A successful remote button lock results in no chirp, just a very rapidly flashing red LED for about 10 seconds. Thereafter the alarm is armed, and the LED flashes once every 3 to 4 seconds or so... on my car anyway!

David
    Last edited by David; 21-10-2021 at 03:46 PM.

OK thanks ��

I have the laptop connected now and its showing the inertia switch as tripped!? All door and lock switches are OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    OK thanks ��

I have the laptop connected now and its showing the inertia switch as tripped!? All door and lock switches are OK.
    Good news!. Try a reset of the inertia switch cut-off button back of the glove box by the A-post, and see what happens.
    Clean the connections too. Sometimes they just plain fail, or can be so sensitive that they can let you down. Best to replace if that appears to be the case. Not specific 260 and easy to find, I believe.

Edit (David). Think if the inertia switch had tripped, you would not be able to start the car at all, so maybe I was leading you up the garden path. Sorry.

David
    Last edited by David; 21-10-2021 at 05:49 PM.

I'll get it out and have a look, but yes the car is running, seems odd the bcu saying its tripped. Apart from that everything else on the bcu looks to be ok.
    The alarm light on the dash flashes slowly for around 10 seconds after locking indicating a mislock of some description.