Gear knob

Thread: Gear knob

Default Gear knob

I have a 75 V8 tourer with a broken somewhat flimsy gear knob ie the plastic crome button mount has broken off. I'd like to keep it orginal if pos but if not any suggestions on a suitable replacement would be appreciated, I've seen the forum suggestions re BMW but they operate differently as the button is on the front of the knob, mine is on the top.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Quote Originally Posted by Watty View Post
    I have a 75 V8 tourer with a broken somewhat flimsy gear knob ie the plastic crome button mount has broken off. I'd like to keep it orginal if pos but if not any suggestions on a suitable replacement would be appreciated, I've seen the forum suggestions re BMW but they operate differently as the button is on the front of the knob, mine is on the top.

Many thanks in anticipation.
    I think that is unique to the R75V8. The individual parts of the knob do not appear to be available separately, but I suppose you could have that part 3D printed? The chrome would be a problem of course. Complete knobs do come available now and then. I found one, but had to pay £55 for it 3 years ago IIRC. I have a spare therefore, but I don't intend to sell it. Sorry.

David
    Last edited by David; 14-09-2021 at 12:38 PM.

Just checked, and the chap who sold me the new knob a few years back was Lee Stott in Birmingham. I have contacted him via Facebook/Messenger in the past I see, and he may possibly have a source of another one. I know for sure he had more as late as September 2019. Worth a try?

David
    Last edited by David; 14-09-2021 at 12:56 PM.

Many thanks David, do you have a contact number for him

Quote Originally Posted by Watty View Post
    Many thanks David, do you have a contact number for him
    You have a PM.

David