Quote Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
I think Petrol powered vehicles will be here for a lot longer than the government want or are hoping,
Steve,
Whatever timescale a govt. gives there is, on past performance, always the need to look green and therefore reduce the period of grace. I think petrol availability will be like LPG - one will need an app to locate the nearest point of sale.

My guess in 20 years time the amount of ICE cars will be less than there are at the moment but unless the cost is reduced, the range is vastly extended and the recharge time is reduced there will be a lot of people will keep there ''old cars''. As has been said electric cars are amazing but unless you have time can be a total pain on long journeys. Electric cars should be used for short journeys and it makes a lot of sense for commuters in my view.
Yes, the majority will go as normal wastage except those considered to be future classics (by a blind, optimistic owner). What those will be and the number no-one knows but is likely to be less in volume than past decades.

caught in traffic, heavy rain and 50 miles from home she came to a halt. She rung the RAC and they trailered her home and she got home in the early hours of the morning in a foul mood, guess who no longer want a Jag E pace?

Steve
To be fair, it won't only just be F-Pace's. Most EV will exhibit the trait of showing more power available than what will be eventually needed. The manufactures could ask software developers to write in a "M25 algorithm" and the user will just confirm they will use that area. Then the "voice" will tell you 'You need to be fully charged, exterminate, exterminate'.

Kev