HUGE price adjustment on the SMG R75V8 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HUGE price adjustment on the SMG R75V8

I think Petrol powered vehicles will be here for a lot longer than the government want or are hoping, there are a lot of classic cars that will still need petrol ( yes they can be converted to electric) and some are worth a lot of money. What is going to happen to cars like a Ferrari 250 or Bugatti Veyron? They are unlikely to be scrapped but maybe there use will just be more restricted? I know of a several Jensen Interceptors that are having very expensive restorations at the moment, these people must have faith that fuel in some form for a while yet and an Interceptor has a big appetite for fuel.

There is talk of alternative fuels that ICE powered vehicles will be able to run on and because it is made of captured carbon, hydrogen and ethanol is technically almost as green.

My guess in 20 years time the amount of ICE cars will be less than there are at the moment but unless the cost is reduced, the range is vastly extended and the recharge time is reduced there will be a lot of people will keep there ''old cars''. As has been said electric cars are amazing but unless you have time can be a total pain on long journeys. Electric cars should be used for short journeys and it makes a lot of sense for commuters in my view.

A little story, a friends wife wanted a Jag E pace, he managed to wangle an extended test drive and gave it to his wife so she could go to a conference 200 miles away, she got there no trouble but it needed recharging for her return trip, all the charging points at the conference centre were faulty or not working but her plan was to find one after and recharge while she did some shopping, at 6pm she came out of the conference and it took an hour to find a charging point that was working. After about 45mins she got bored and headed home as the car said she had enough range, on the M25 she got caught in traffic, heavy rain and 50 miles from home she came to a halt. She rung the RAC and they trailered her home and she got home in the early hours of the morning in a foul mood, guess who no longer want a Jag E pace?

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
    I think Petrol powered vehicles will be here for a lot longer than the government want or are hoping,
    Steve,
    Whatever timescale a govt. gives there is, on past performance, always the need to look green and therefore reduce the period of grace. I think petrol availability will be like LPG - one will need an app to locate the nearest point of sale.

My guess in 20 years time the amount of ICE cars will be less than there are at the moment but unless the cost is reduced, the range is vastly extended and the recharge time is reduced there will be a lot of people will keep there ''old cars''. As has been said electric cars are amazing but unless you have time can be a total pain on long journeys. Electric cars should be used for short journeys and it makes a lot of sense for commuters in my view.
    Yes, the majority will go as normal wastage except those considered to be future classics (by a blind, optimistic owner). What those will be and the number no-one knows but is likely to be less in volume than past decades.

caught in traffic, heavy rain and 50 miles from home she came to a halt. She rung the RAC and they trailered her home and she got home in the early hours of the morning in a foul mood, guess who no longer want a Jag E pace?

Steve
    To be fair, it won't only just be F-Pace's. Most EV will exhibit the trait of showing more power available than what will be eventually needed. The manufactures could ask software developers to write in a "M25 algorithm" and the user will just confirm they will use that area. Then the "voice" will tell you 'You need to be fully charged, exterminate, exterminate'.

Kev

I wonder what my 2,500 miles 75 V8 is worth then?!

Quote Originally Posted by SteveTD View Post
    I wonder what my 2,500 miles 75 V8 is worth then?!
    Cat, as in bag, Steve?

David
    Last edited by David; 03-03-2021 at 10:33 AM.

yup

Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Cat, as in bag, Steve?

David

My 215k miles 'Olive' must be worth a lot more though, being much newer than yours ... by 3 days.

David
    Last edited by David; 03-03-2021 at 11:51 AM.