MG ZT-T 260, Starlight Silver, LHD, Germany

Thread: MG ZT-T 260, Starlight Silver, LHD, Germany

Default MG ZT-T 260, Starlight Silver, LHD, Germany

Dear forum community,

I am the proud owner of a MG ZT-T 135, which I have been driving since 6 years now. It is a great car which has run almost 300.000 km. It has never let me down.

I think the time has come to buy a new MG. I have always had the 260 in mind. However, since I had to drive many kilometers this car has never been an option.

A silver MG ZT-T 260 has been online in Germany for several months now: https://www.autoscout24.de/angebote/...utm_term=title
    If I remember correctly, the car has once been offered for about 11.000 ? in 2019, which is less than the aboved-mentioned offer. I can, however, not say if it was listed by the same car dealer.

Is there anyone in this forum who knows this exact car? Is there a reason why the car has not been sold yet?
    The ignorance of some people here in Germany may play a role. In the past, other 260 were sold faster in Germany.

Thank you very much for your information.

All the best
    Philipp

Quote Originally Posted by Philipp View Post
    Dear forum community,

I am the proud owner of a MG ZT-T 135, which I have been driving since 6 years now. It is a great car which has run almost 300.000 km. It has never let me down.

I think the time has come to buy a new MG. I have always had the 260 in mind. However, since I had to drive many kilometers this car has never been an option.

A silver MG ZT-T 260 has been online in Germany for several months now: https://www.autoscout24.de/angebote/...utm_term=title
    If I remember correctly, the car has once been offered for about 11.000 ? in 2019, which is less than the above-mentioned offer. I can, however, not say if it was listed by the same car dealer.

Is there anyone in this forum who knows this exact car? Is there a reason why the car has not been sold yet?
    The ignorance of some people here in Germany may play a role. In the past, other 260 were sold faster in Germany.

Thank you very much for your information.

All the best
    Philipp
    Like you, I think it is the same ZT-T that was for offered for sale last year, same dealer. Then the car was advertised on eBay too, just as now, but the price has varied hugely. The photos look almost identical.

Last time there was mention of differential noise, but only on the eBay listing not the others(!).
    No mention of that now, but that means nothing.
    No idea of the VIN or any history, I'm afraid, but as you say, it has been for sale for a long time so probably a reason.

Perhaps just ask the guy on the telephone? Ask him the last 3 digits of the VIN at the same time (and let me know too),
    and casually mention the possibility of the diff noise having been cured ? ...

David.
    Last edited by David; 17-11-2020 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Like you, I think it is the same ZT-T that was for offered for sale last year, same dealer. Then the car was advertised on eBay too, just as now, but the price has varied hugely. The photos look almost identical.

Last time there was mention of differential noise, but only on the eBay listing not the others(!).
    No mention of that now, but that means nothing.
    No idea of the VIN or any history, I'm afraid, but as you say, it has been for sale for a long time so probably a reason.

David.
    Thanks for the fast responce.
    I remember that the differential noises were mentioned in an offer. So it is definitely the same car.

I will contact the dealer for more information.

Quote Originally Posted by Philipp View Post
    Thanks for the fast responce.
    I remember that the differential noises were mentioned in an offer. So it is definitely the same car.

I will contact the dealer for more information.

If you can find out the last three digits of the VIN then we might be able to provide more information.

Nich.
    Nicholas John Peter Tinker - # 484

Manufactured on Tuesday 27th April 2004 @ 12.17.47.
    Commission Number: 24468.
    Brochure Model: M3 Tourer 4.6 V8 260PS.
    Specification Code: L01B.
    CICode: D1511.
    Trim Level: TL8.9 (M3).

65th ZT-T 260SE to be made out of 115.
    11th ZT-T 260 SE in Pearl Black (PBT) out of 23 produced.

Manufactured in the UK by MG Rover Group Ltd.

This is our Forum listing in summary of when the car was last de-listed from advertising in January this year, Philipp. Note the km's then. Actually HIGHER than now! ... and price, of course.

17/01/2020 ** De-listed (all ads), Assumed SOLD **
    Originally listed 19/04/2019, Germany
    2005 MG ZT-T 260 SE, LHD, Starlight Silver, 86,000 km, Euro 10,990 (~£9,000), VIN ???

David

Last edited by David; 18-11-2020 at 11:41 AM.