Headsup my 260 for sale - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Headsup my 260 for sale

Why not just keep Boris and pick up something like an old Audi A6 Avant diesel for a couple of thousand for the donkey work? That way you won't care if it gets messy on runs to the tip and the like?
    You polish yours if you want to. I'll be driving mine!

My 260 is due for it's MOT in a couple of weeks time. Bearing in mind Keith's mention regarding the LSG issue, is it advisable to insist that the the rear wheels are not subjected to the rolling road break test? Sorry to read that Keith is about to part with his 260 it will be a real wrench to see someone else driving it away from your place, never to return. Womble has a good point, we have 3 cars here as well - 260SE - 180 ZS and a Rover 600 now replaced 6 months ago with a 10 year old Civic 5 door Hatch. Only done 62,000 miles paid £175 giving me the option of removing and carrying most items via the tailgate with seats down. Also, most of the running costs over the year is helped by the saving on the much better fuel consumption and less tyre wear.

I think in my case the tester was just being cautious, I wasn't going to argue.
    Just discuss it with the tester whilst there, I wonder does dreadnought do Mots? if so he will know the correct method.

As for selling mine it is pure common sense I started of last year looking for a 260 Tourer had a brief interlude with the saloon and will resume my Tourer hunt later this year.

But I have noticed traders are snapping up the comparatively rarer tourer and are marking them up considerably so I might find getting one a bit outside my budget as I would prefer an SE

I have added a bit to the fund though as I have just sold a Triumph Stag (well a stag an a half today) for about 5 times what I paid for it! Now if only I could have done the same with my 260
    Keith Alexander, Ellesmere, Shropshire UK,

Did you connect up with Richard Keith?
    Tim Hayton

Some men see things as they are and say why - I dream things that never were and say why not.

Yes thanks
    Keith Alexander, Ellesmere, Shropshire UK,