New Rover 75 V8 Front Suspension Struts.

Thread: New Rover 75 V8 Front Suspension Struts.

Default New Rover 75 V8 Front Suspension Struts.

MANY THANKS FOR LOOKING, BUT THESE ARE NOW SOLD.I bought these from Dominic 22 after buying #185 (also for sale) and the Vortex wheels. With the car going, I've decided to sell all the parts too. Am looking for £600. Hopefully the photos say all that's needed. Many thanks for looking.

20200823_154950.jpg

20200823_155044.jpg

20200823_155313.jpg
    Last edited by PhilR75; 29-08-2020 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Sold

Worth noting that these appear to be genuine Rover 75 V8 struts (nice and black, not yellow!) and the springs appear to be the very rare genuine REB001210, the correct spring for the Rover. I believe those springs were only factory fitted, or sold as part of the spring+damper assembly, never as an official part. Perhaps you could confirm that number on the spring coils, Phil?

As Nick says, do not mix Rover and MG spec dampers or springs on a car. Drives something awful if you do.
    Also be prepared for a very different ride even if you fit R75V8 parts all round on a ZT260.

David
    Last edited by David; 24-08-2020 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Worth noting that these appear to be genuine Rover 75 V8 struts (nice and black, not yellow!) and the springs appear to be the very rare genuine REB001210, the correct spring for the Rover. I believe those springs were only factory fitted, or sold as part of the spring+damper assembly, never as an official part. Perhaps you could confirm that number on the spring coils, Phil?

As Nick says, do not mix Rover and MG spec dampers or springs on a car. Drives something awful if you do.
    Also be prepared for a very different ride even if you fit R75V8 parts all round on a ZT260.

David
    Thanks David. I'm demonstrating my ignorance here by not realising the significance of the parts I have. You spotted it very well, and the springs are indeed marked REB001210, and Dom did say that they were genuine Rover 75 V8 spring and damper assemblies with the top mount bearings included. Hopefully the price is reasonable for these parts.

As ever, thanks for your help in improving the accuracy of what I've written.

Phil.