Four Vortex Wheels For Sale.

Thread: Four Vortex Wheels For Sale.

Default Four Vortex Wheels For Sale.

Selling a set of four Vortex wheels which I bought from Dominic 22 as bare rims needing refurbishing for £400. I spent £326 with Pristine Alloy wheels having them restored in a way that respected their diamond cut finish followed by a set of Michelin Pilot Sport 3 tyres at just over £500. These have done under 3000 miles, but on checking them, the front tyres have around 4mm of tread left and the rears have 5.5mm on average. All still have plenty of life in them. Wat's not so great is that although two of the wheels are almost perfect, the front pair have small localised areas where some corrosion has taken place. With care, I would think that these could be dealt with, without having those two wheels completely refurbished again, and from a few feet away you don't really notice too much. I was very disappointed with Pristine's job on those two wheels though. For sale at £750. Thanks for looking. PS Hopefully the attached photos show all you need, but please ask if you would like any more taking.
    PPS I've had a nightmare uploading photos and being logged out in the middle of the process. As a result, I've lost some of the photos that I had included. Only 3 are showing in this edit, although I suspect more may magically appear when I resubmit this edit to the advert.

Hi,
    Are these wheels 17” or 18”?

Cheers,
    SJR
    Super Jumbo Racing
    05 260 Saloon
    87 5.0 Mustang G.T.

Quote Originally Posted by SJR View Post
    Hi,
    Are these wheels 17” or 18”?
    Cheers,
    SJR
    FYI, Justin, all Rover Vortex 7-spoke wheels are 18". The similar looking but 5-spoke ones, fitted as standard to the R75V8, were 17" Star Spoke.
    All Factory fitted V8 wheels in both sizes, should have been diamond cut and clear lacquered, but I think none of the 100th anniversary Premium grilled, non-V8, cars were (Germany, Belgium, Switzerland and mostly diesels). They were fitted ex-factory with Star Spokes, but painted not diamond cut. I think all wheels sold as 'spare parts' by MGR, X-Part etc were painted too, but not 100% sure on that.

David
    Last edited by David; 28-01-2021 at 03:10 PM.

David, thanks for the information.

My 75 V8 had 17” painted wheels, which I originally thought were incorrect, I did a little research and then thought were correct, however after a while I started to doubt that.
    Super Jumbo Racing
    05 260 Saloon
    87 5.0 Mustang G.T.

I believe the wheels are now sold?
    Super Jumbo Racing
    05 260 Saloon
    87 5.0 Mustang G.T.

Quote Originally Posted by SJR View Post
    I believe the wheels are now sold?
    Looks like it, Justin. See: https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc26...306#post192306

David
    Last edited by David; 28-01-2021 at 03:33 PM.