Hello everybody. I am new in this forum. My name is Andy and I come from Germany. Since 2 years I am proud to be the owner of a MG ZT 260.
Now i have a little problem.
I took him out of the garage. He started normally first. When rolling down the hill I had 2 light hits, like backfire, in the exhaust. Then he rumbled as he accelerated. The engine was running totally rough at idle. The rpm fluctuated between 300 and 500 rpm until it went out completely. In terms of exhaust gases, it smells extremely like gasoline. As if he's not burning properly. After restarting, the engine speed did not exceed 2500 rpm, moreover it started to wobble and did not accelerate.
I brought him to my trusted Garage. Fault code read out with T4 tester: P0113
So far we have swapped the MAF sensor, IAC valve and cleaned the throttle budddy.
After swapping these parts, it hast become a little better but did not solve the problem yet.
Now he starts normaly and holds the idle rpm correctly. But after few minutes the idle starts to fluctuate again and a strange noise comes from the vicinity of the IAC valve. A short time later the idle is back to normal. Then the problem repeats.
Big question mark!
Maybe someone has another idea what to do?