Recherche logiciel pour PASSER EN FRANCAIS GPS SUR MG ZT 260 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recherche logiciel pour PASSER EN FRANCAIS GPS SUR MG ZT 260

I seem to remember that you can edit the language files but it's pretty hazy. I think it was software called Pimp my Nav. I know it can be used to edit the speed camera files but not too sure about the languages. I have a copy but it's on a laptop I lent to my grandson over lockdown so not readily accessible at the moment.

Nich.
    Nicholas John Peter Tinker - # 484

Manufactured on Tuesday 27th April 2004 @ 12.17.47.
    Commission Number: 24468.
    Brochure Model: M3 Tourer 4.6 V8 260PS.
    Specification Code: L01B.
    CICode: D1511.
    Trim Level: TL8.9 (M3).

65th ZT-T 260SE to be made out of 115.
    11th ZT-T 260 SE in Pearl Black (PBT) out of 23 produced.

Manufactured in the UK by MG Rover Group Ltd.

Thanks Nich. Found this Googling around: https://pimp-my-nav.software.informer.com/1.0/
    The description appears to point at it being suitable for adding POI's, Speed Camera data etc. though, rather than fiddling with deeper firmware like language files.

If time (and funds) permit, I may have a go at getting a Resler adapter and purchase a copy of NavCoder. It looks like it has a few potential uses other than just this language problem.

David

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post

If time (and funds) permit, I may have a go at getting a Resler adapter and purchase a copy of NavCoder. It looks like it has a few potential uses other than just this language problem.

David
    Very worthwhile additions David.

Nich.
    Nicholas John Peter Tinker - # 484

Manufactured on Tuesday 27th April 2004 @ 12.17.47.
    Commission Number: 24468.
    Brochure Model: M3 Tourer 4.6 V8 260PS.
    Specification Code: L01B.
    CICode: D1511.
    Trim Level: TL8.9 (M3).

65th ZT-T 260SE to be made out of 115.
    11th ZT-T 260 SE in Pearl Black (PBT) out of 23 produced.

Manufactured in the UK by MG Rover Group Ltd.

I'll get in touch with Yves, I know him.
    Navcoder allows you to indeed change the languages, but it doesn't change the fact that unless you specify a language that's already stored in the unit (MK3 has room for two, MK4 for three), then it needs a firmware upgrade CD to copy the data for that language to the memory bank where it's stored on the unit. I have Navcoder myself and it's quite a nice piece of software
    Navcoder is not the only option for that, if you have a T4, changing the Market (i.e Country) in the Vehicle Options would also trigger a language change on the satnav and all around (trip computer as well, miles from kms or vice-versa), but then again, it will ask for the firmware CD for the satnav language change, and you can't use BMW ones on a Rover unit, you need the specific Rover CD. I have a couple lying around, one date 1999 from around 75 launch time that would only cover mk2 drives, both in 75 and Range Rover, and another MG Rover one dated May 2002 that would cover 75/ZT both with mk2 and mk3 drives. But both predate Yves' car build date and as such, not sure they would be of any help as they would most likely downgrade its firmware version, if it would work at all...

IMG_0897.jpg
    Last edited by scoubix; 14-06-2020 at 07:08 PM.
    1999 2.5 V6 Rover 75 Connoisseur - Dealer Launch - LHD
    2004 4.6 V8 MG ZT-T (the only known auto ZT-T V8) - LHD
    1993 2.7 V6 Rover 827 Coupé - LHD
    1993 Rover 216 GSi
    1975 Rover P6 3500

Thanks for that, Nicolas. As ever, you are a mine of invaluable information!
    I made the assumption that simply having the .LNG files for the absent languages somewhere on the laptop would be enough. I have those on the V32 update disc, for example. I would like to get the NavCoder working and have ordered a Resler cable to give it a try.

It would appear that Yves' problem could best be solved by swapping out his existing satnav for one with French already an option in the firmware. As I said, I have an Italian/French/German unit available, but that is a late 2005 Mk4, and I don't know if it would be a straight swap for him, depending what he has already installed in the car. If it is, then that would probably be the cheapest solution, if not even the ONLY solution. Certainly easier than trying to re-code the existing unit. Maybe you could ask if you speak/mail with him? If it were a retro-fitted Mk4 he has in the car, I would just swap with him, but I assume it will be an MGR Mk3. I asked him if it had "DVD" emblazoned on the front of the unit, but got no response

David
    Last edited by David; 14-06-2020 at 08:33 PM.

Bonsoir
    Je vous remercie tous et toutes pour vos réponse .Pour regler mon probleme j'ai trouvé une unité d'occasion celle qui est dans le coffre en francais et mon problème est réglé .
    Cordialement Yves

Good evening Thank you all for your answers. To solve my problem I found a used unit the one in the trunk in French and my problem is solved. Regards Yves