Rover V8 premium bumper chrome surround.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rover V8 premium bumper chrome surround.

MGF Reg. Rep - S.Wales

Default Rover V8 premium bumper chrome surround.

As per title, I'm after what seems to be the impossible - a Premium bumper chrome surround.

If anyone has one then let me know please!

Quote Originally Posted by EbbwBen View Post
    As per title, I'm after what seems to be the impossible - a Premium bumper chrome surround.

A member here ended up buying a car to get one (from a non-V8 Rover 75 fitted with a genuine Premium bumper).
    Just in case you get lead astray, the ones on the Chinese bumpers are significantly different.

David

Quote Originally Posted by EbbwBen View Post

Do you own a 260/R 75 V8? If so why haven't you become a full member, seems a bit strange joined up over a year ago and it's your first post.

Nich.
    Nicholas John Peter Tinker - # 484

Manufactured on Tuesday 27th April 2004 @ 12.17.47.
    Commission Number: 24468.
    Brochure Model: M3 Tourer 4.6 V8 260PS.
    Specification Code: L01B.
    CICode: D1511.
    Trim Level: TL8.9 (M3).

65th ZT-T 260SE to be made out of 115.
    11th ZT-T 260 SE in Pearl Black (PBT) out of 23 produced.

Manufactured in the UK by MG Rover Group Ltd.

Quote Originally Posted by Nich View Post
    Do you own a 260/R 75 V8? If so why haven't you become a full member, seems a bit strange joined up over a year ago and it's your first post.

Nich.
    Yes, Nich is right, you'll not be able to see a lot of the information you really need to have available to you, plus of course the club shop isn't open to you either. Full membership makes good sense, I think ... no, I know!

David

Quote Originally Posted by Nich View Post

Nich.
    if it is who I think it is he is looking to purchase a V8 with a damaged surround so no surprise he has not posted or become a full member. I do not think a comment like that is helpful in welcoming people to the forum as I am sure many who are on here just sit quietly

Quote Originally Posted by Les4048 View Post
    if it is who I think it is he is looking to purchase a V8 with a damaged surround so no surprise he has not posted or become a full member. I do not think a comment like that is helpful in welcoming people to the forum as I am sure many who are on here just sit quietly
    Not being privy to the inside info you apparently have, Les, it appears that both Nich and I jumped to the obvious conclusion that the guy was looking for a surround for a car he already owns. Generally that's how it works, isn't it? On that very reasonable assumption, I think that both Nich and I gave him good advice to help him live with an R75V8, and with all that it will undoubtedly ask of its owner, sooner or later.

David

Just shows, never jump to conclusions

MGF Reg. Rep - S.Wales

Maybe I should have introduced myself a bit more before posting...

I am a long-time owner and enthusiast of Rover 75's and ZT's. I currently own a Cowley 75 2.0V6 Club SE Auto, a Cdti 75 Auto Tourer and a ZT-T+ 190 along with an MG TF115.

I have been active on the 75 and ZT Club forum and have been organising meets and events in S. Wales for many years, now. My username over there is BigBen, and you're welcome to check out my profile HERE.

Please also feel free to browse my Flikr photostream HERE in which you will find pics of all my current cars, and of the various meets and events I have been involved in over the last few years or so.

I am looking for a R75 V8 to add to the 'fleet'. I am well-aware of the marque, and many of the idiosyncrasies of the V8 variant having talked to many owners over the years - although new input is, of course, always welcome!

I joined this forum when I was first looking for an R75 V8 last year, fully intending to become a full member once I had purchased one. However soon afterwards my mother suddenly and completely unexpectedly developed a brain tumour and within 3 months passed away; after dealing with the resulting effects within the family I more-or-less took a whole year off from the usual shows, etc.

Les also frequents "the other side", so has seen my practically identical posts on THIS thread there...

I have been viewing cars in the last month or so and have found one I really like, but the premium grille surround has been stolen - so therefore I was just "testing the water" as to if anyone knew of the whereabouts of some rocking horse poo!

Last edited by EbbwBen; 13-10-2019 at 04:53 PM.

Sorry to read about your mother Ben, I’m blessed I still have mine despite a few close calls, she is now 91 and doing well. There are some amazing motors in your feed. Have you decided if you are going to go for it yet ?

MGF Reg. Rep - S.Wales

Thanks Les,

Yes I probably will, although I'll give the seller of #648 a few more days to get back to me first.

Worst-case-scenario if I do buy this one is I'll have to find someone who can make me one, probably from Stainless I would have thought. Although an original would still be preferable.

At least it's a bargaining chip if nothing else!!!

I have a feeling I'll probably enter into negotiations with him over a pint or two of Butty Bach one evening towards the end of the week....!
    Last edited by EbbwBen; 13-10-2019 at 05:28 PM.