Black R75 Ealing

Thread: Black R75 Ealing

Default Black R75 Ealing

Hi all
    Earlier in the year I began my hunt for a 260, though eventually I bought something else - a DB7 - which has been an ?adventure?!!!!
    I?m now looking for a V8?s again, all the ones I investigated before have now found new homes, except for the black Rover at Webb?s of Ealing. I like this car in many ways, not least the Connoisseur seats which I remember being epically comfortable in my old V6.
    Would anyone have any thoughts on this particular car - obviously top money but why else unsold?

If you are a member of Facebook, contact Julian Anderson, member of the MG Rover 260 V8 Owners and Enthusiasts Group there. He may some valuable information for you, since at one time in the past he had the car viewed.

I assume you are keeping your eye on this list:
    https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc26...-260s-FOR-SALE
    , updated daily, but as far as I am aware there are no RHD R75V8s, other than the Ealing one and the £30k Hursley Hill Garage one, being advertised for sale at present anywhere.

David.
    Last edited by David; 18-08-2019 at 05:22 PM.

Hi David
    thank you for your reply, I’ve always kept your excellent sales page bookmarked! Sorry I’m not on the book of face, maybe I can reach out to Julian through other channels. I’m not absolutely set on a 75 over a ZT or -T but the black one really ticked the boxes. Obviously provenance is a big plus on any car so I’m still open minded, though I do like two pedal driving over three!

Quote from Julian: That black saloon has many issues during our inspection.

2 major ones being battery and EP lamps on so it wasn't even drivable back to Wales.

Your usual Arthur Daley seller and quite dishonest really.

Mouldy boot and interior stank
    There was a self tapper right through the chrome grill not even centrally placed ............

The power of the internet! Thank you so much, enough said about that car then, I’ll continue my search elsewhere..

Quote Originally Posted by Highspeed125 View Post
    The power of the internet! Thank you so much, enough said about that car then, I’ll continue my search elsewhere..
    Noticed that that black Rover 75 V8 is no longer listed as of today, neither on Autotrader nor on the seller's own site. Presumably sold.

David
    Last edited by David; 31-08-2019 at 02:17 PM.