Colours of the V8 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Colours of the V8

  1. #11

    Default

    Thanks for all the suggestions, I'm not really keen on changing the colour of an original car, that seems a shame to me. I do like other colours I'm just partial to green.

    The shot silk car in the link looks great but a bit over budget, I'm looking at probably 10k.

  2. #12
    #829 called 'Olive' David's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Breugel, Holland
    Posts
    3,832

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SWISSTONY View Post
    Thanks for all the suggestions, I'm not really keen on changing the colour of an original car, that seems a shame to me. I do like other colours I'm just partial to green.

    The shot silk car in the link looks great but a bit over budget, I'm looking at probably 10k.
    There's always this Shot Silk coming up for auction in a week's time, Tony. As yet, no price estimate shown.


    https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc26...524#post188524

    David
    Last edited by David; 16-08-2019 at 09:47 AM.

  3. #13

    Default

    Thanks David, I'm keeping an eye on that one actually. I have it saved in my desktop.

  4. #14
    #829 called 'Olive' David's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Breugel, Holland
    Posts
    3,832

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SWISSTONY View Post
    Thanks David, I'm keeping an eye on that one actually. I have it saved in my desktop.
    Now has a number of (correct) photos on the Auctioneer's site, I see, but everytning else is still "Tbc".

    David

  5. #15

    Default

    Estimate of 7500 to 9500. Might be worth a trip down to Norfolk if my mx5 sells before.

  6. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Daventry, United Kingdom.
    Posts
    356

    Default

    There's quite a story behind this one so I'm told. Apparently a garage is auctioning a car they may not legally own.....

  7. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveTD View Post
    There's quite a story behind this one so I'm told. Apparently a garage is auctioning a car they may not legally own.....
    Well that needs expanding on! Please do tell. Looks like one to avoid I guess.....

  8. #18
    Registered User SCP440's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Witney Oxfordshire
    Posts
    1,468

    Default

    Maybe they are trying to recoup some costs from some repairs or storage?

    I know of a mate who has a workshop was stuck with a car last year, he had done about 1800 worth of repairs and the owner was not able to pay. After a couple of months he sent a solicitors letter and sold the car, the excess was sent to the owner.

    Probably worth a call to the auctioneers to find the out what is going on.

    Steve

  9. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Daventry, United Kingdom.
    Posts
    356

    Default

    Best to phone the auction house and make your own enquiries. They don't seem to have any info on the car at present, which I found a bit odd. You can also seem from the photo's paint repairs are required. Beautiful motor though. I test drove this very car back in 2006!

  10. #20
    #829 called 'Olive' David's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Breugel, Holland
    Posts
    3,832

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SWISSTONY View Post
    Well that needs expanding on! Please do tell. Looks like one to avoid I guess.....
    Could actually be an oportunity? Low or no reserve even?
    I see that the Auction house listed it on the Car And Classic site yesterday. Same (lack of) information about the car itself, simply the auction date/time notification.

    David

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •