Colours of the V8 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Colours of the V8

Thanks for all the suggestions, I'm not really keen on changing the colour of an original car, that seems a shame to me. I do like other colours I'm just partial to green.

The shot silk car in the link looks great but a bit over budget, I'm looking at probably £10k.

Quote Originally Posted by SWISSTONY View Post
    Thanks for all the suggestions, I'm not really keen on changing the colour of an original car, that seems a shame to me. I do like other colours I'm just partial to green.

The shot silk car in the link looks great but a bit over budget, I'm looking at probably £10k.
    There's always this Shot Silk coming up for auction in a week's time, Tony. As yet, no price estimate shown.

https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc26...524#post188524

David
    Last edited by David; 16-08-2019 at 10:47 AM.

Thanks David, I'm keeping an eye on that one actually. I have it saved in my desktop.

Thanks David, I'm keeping an eye on that one actually. I have it saved in my desktop.
    Now has a number of (correct) photos on the Auctioneer's site, I see, but everytning else is still "Tbc".

David

Estimate of £7500 to £9500. Might be worth a trip down to Norfolk if my mx5 sells before.

There's quite a story behind this one so I'm told. Apparently a garage is auctioning a car they may not legally own.....

Quote Originally Posted by SteveTD View Post
    There's quite a story behind this one so I'm told. Apparently a garage is auctioning a car they may not legally own.....
    Well that needs expanding on! Please do tell. Looks like one to avoid I guess.....

Maybe they are trying to recoup some costs from some repairs or storage?

I know of a mate who has a workshop was stuck with a car last year, he had done about £1800 worth of repairs and the owner was not able to pay. After a couple of months he sent a solicitors letter and sold the car, the excess was sent to the owner.

Probably worth a call to the auctioneers to find the out what is going on.

Steve

Best to phone the auction house and make your own enquiries. They don't seem to have any info on the car at present, which I found a bit odd. You can also seem from the photo's paint repairs are required. Beautiful motor though. I test drove this very car back in 2006!

Well that needs expanding on! Please do tell. Looks like one to avoid I guess.....
    Could actually be an oportunity? Low or no reserve even?
    I see that the Auction house listed it on the Car And Classic site yesterday. Same (lack of) information about the car itself, simply the auction date/time notification.

David