Looking for a 260.....Again!!!

Thread: Looking for a 260.....Again!!!

Default Looking for a 260.....Again!!!

Hi all,

I've been looking for an MG 260 for a few years now on and off and came very close last year to actually getting one, I was put off by sub frame corrosion which at the time scared me off all 260's.

I have come to the conclusion though that it is a small price to pay for what ultimately is my dream car, if it needs to be fixed, so what, I'll just fix it.

Obviously I now need to find one and deal with the small matter of selling my new (2016) MX5. Hopefully the weather picks up!

My ideal 260 would be in Goodwood green, how many are out there? (UK) I did have a 190 ZT in Typhoon and that was a lovely colour too.

I am prepared to wait for the right car and like I said I still have to sell my Mazda first so there is no rush, just putting the feelers out.

Thanks
    Last edited by SWISSTONY; 14-08-2019 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SWISSTONY View Post
    Hi all,

I've been looking for an MG 260 for a few years now on and off and came very close last year to actually getting one, I was put off by sub frame corrosion which at the time scared me off all 260's.

I have come to the conclusion though that it is a small price to pay for what ultimately is my dream car, if it needs to be fixed, so what, I'll just fix it.

Obviously I now need to find one ...
    Take a look here. The list is pretty much complete as far as advertised cars is concerned, and some not advertised but from members of the Forum.
    https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc26...-260s-FOR-SALE
    I keep it updated daily.

David

Thank you David, I appreciate your efforts

Hi Tony,

According to my data, there were only 4 V8s in Goodwood Green, 3 Saloons & a Tourer.

VIN 384
    VIN 433
    VIN 533 (The Tourer)
    VIN 792

#792 is particularly unusual, being the DTM Replica race car.

All the Saloons are listed as SE trim level, the Tourer is not, but i suspect the DTM car has a stripped out interior (might be wrong on this, just seems logical).

Best of luck finding one.
    Andrew Phillips
    MGF - 'Scarlet Fever'
    ZT 260 - 'Old number 27'
    ZS 180 - aka rolling restoration...

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Fever View Post
    Hi Tony,

According to my data, there were only 4 V8s in Goodwood Green, 3 Saloons & a Tourer...
    Yup. When I counted "3" for Tony, I omitted the only LHD, the German/Finnish Tourer

Best go for the light/dark "primer" instead of green? Lots of nice looking grey and silver machinery around at the moment, at what I think are reasonable asking prices (excluding Jeremy's old #105 in Germany, at a 'millionaires only' price ticket, of course ! ).

David
    Last edited by David; 22-08-2019 at 11:26 AM.

After a bit of detective work I have managed to track down one of the cars in the list above, It might not be exactly what I am looking for in terms of condition, I am speaking to the owner tomorrow so will let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by SWISSTONY View Post
    Hi all,

Tony - I have just had the rear cross tube replaced on old 206 by my local engineering shop at a cost of $A1500. The car was in dock for a day and the guys doing the work had no trouble cutting the old one out and fabricating a replacement. There was no corrosion on any other parts of the rear subframe. So, as you say, if you just have to "fix it", it is actually not that hard to do. Don't forget the lateral links while you are at it. They are much more scary...

Some photos of the recent work attached.

Malcolm
    Attached Images Attached Images
    VIN 206
    This is definitely not her car...