Rover 75 front Struts.. Please help...

Thread: Rover 75 front Struts.. Please help...

Default Rover 75 front Struts.. Please help...

Hi, some of you may know already, I recently bought a 2005 Rover 75 V8, I have just discovered that the front offside strut is holed, I presume I will need to change the front both sides. Any help and advice on where to obtain some from at the best price and get them fitted would really be appreciated. Thank you in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Raymondo View Post
    Hi, some of you may know already, I recently bought a 2005 Rover 75 V8, I have just discovered that the front offside strut is holed, I presume I will need to change the front both sides. Any help and advice on where to obtain some from at the best price and get them fitted would really be appreciated. Thank you in advance
    Bit of an update for you about the struts availability (other than the Forum Shop):

Contrary to what I posted about it yesterday, Rimmers are showing the Rover 75V8 one, RNB001200, as now available at £464.82 each, inc. VAT (as against £368.54 inc. VAT for the ZT260 ones, RNB001080).

Endon Services Ltd (www.allcarpartsfast.co.uk ) are also now showing the Rover 75 V8 ones, RNB001200, but a fraction cheaper at £444 each inc. VAT.

It is also now showing on the XPart site as an XPart stock item to be ordered from "your distributer" (no price shown).

Hope that helps!

David
    Last edited by David; 08-05-2019 at 01:51 PM.

Any ideas about 75 replacements from the rears? I'm sure they'll need to come off at some point...

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Bit of an update for you about the struts availability (other than the Forum Shop):

Contrary to what I posted about it yesterday, Rimmers are showing the Rover 75V8 one, RNB001200, as now available at £464.82 each, inc. VAT (as against £368.54 inc. VAT for the ZT260 ones, RNB001080).

Endon Services Ltd (www.allcarpartsfast.co.uk ) are also now showing the Rover 75 V8 ones, RNB001200, but a fraction cheaper at £444 each inc. VAT.

It is also now showing on the XPart site as an XPart stock item to be ordered from "your distributer" (no price shown).

Hope that helps!

David

Quote Originally Posted by RattyB View Post
    Any ideas about 75 replacements from the rears? I'm sure they'll need to come off at some point...
    Rimmer's claim to have R75V8 rear dampers, but for the Rover 75 V8 manual (which of course is 'Rimmer-speak' for the ZT260, the harder setting). Can't find the MGR/Bilstein part numbers for the R75V8 ones at present either. I could of course put the car up on axle-stands, crawl under and have a look at mine. Got them as NOS from Dom a couple of years back, so the labels should still be intact. Anyone know the actual part-number before I do that. though please?

Sure Nick at Austin Garages will know. Mixing ZT 260 and Rover 75 V8 suspension bits, springs and/or shockers, is a "no-no" I understand. Bilsteins may well be in a position to help of course ... at a price.

David
    Last edited by David; 30-05-2019 at 04:18 PM.

Avo have the pattern to make new shocks and as they make adjustable shocks you would just need to turn them down a click or two from the MG setting.

Let me know if you want to go this route as I deal a lot with Avo and can get some discount.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
    Avo have the pattern to make new shocks and as they make adjustable shocks you would just need to turn them down a click or two from the MG setting.

Let me know if you want to go this route as I deal a lot with Avo and can get some discount.

Steve
    Is that just for rears, Steve.

Kev

They can make new inserts for the strut casings but sadly not casings.

Steve

Thanks for the information David. As you suggest I will contact Nick but do you have his email address please?

To add to the confusion I got underneath my car to check the rear springs which appear ok but the number stamped on them is RKB000860-SB. I hope Nick can throw some light on the situation.

Martin

Here is Austin Garages' website address.
    http://www.austingarages.co.uk/
    Contact points, address, telephone, email all there.

David