I still want a V8

Thread: I still want a V8

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    You forgot some essential facts, Keith. Importantly, you assume that all vehicles were/are registered in the UK, plus that all LHD and RHD cars must be in the UK anyway. Makes a nonsense of those figures really.

Of the 152 ZT-Ts, 37 were LHD, leaving 115 RHD according to the MGR data.
    On top of that not all surviving LHD cars live 'abroad', and not all surviving RHD cars live in the UK anymore (a few I know never did).
    Not all cars built for, and destined for, the "GREAT-BRITAIN" market (yes, RHD and LHD), actually ended up by being delivered there, and vice-versa.

Finally, a few of both groups never escaped the factory at all, being development or crash testing vehicles, almost by definition destroyed shortly after birth!

So I'm afraid you can't really attempt to put meaningful percentage survival figures on it without lots more registration information, worldwide.

David
    David

You are spot on with the production figures they list 151 (plus +1?) and some 37 were LHD, which i didn't think about at all. So if we assume the DVLA registered and SORN numbers are about right (and one would hope so) losses in the last 15 years are much less than my initial 30% est, so thats good.

I will keep looking.

Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Bean66 View Post
    David

You are spot on with the production figures they list 151 (plus +1?) and some 37 were LHD, which i didn't think about at all. So if we assume the DVLA registered and SORN numbers are about right (and one would hope so) losses in the last 15 years are much less than my initial 30% est, so thats good.

I will keep looking.

Keith
    Yup. Just looking at the UK, only about 18% ..... ish of ZT-T 260s 'lost to time', ignoring the known factory scraps ?
    The unknown/dubious-data factors (imports, exports etc.), mean that you will never get accuracy. Those cars, few though they may be, will still represent a significant percentage of the number of cars involved, and distort your 'result' massively, therefore.

And that's only the UK, and next year the numbers may be different.
    All a bit academic, I guess. .

David
    Last edited by David; 26-03-2019 at 03:01 PM.