Nice Rover 75 4.6 Connoisseur for sale - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nice Rover 75 4.6 Connoisseur for sale

David, Nich,
    it is a lovely thing!

I must admit I don’t need 3 V8s, especially when I don’t even commute! I’m just starting to wonder how long we might be allowed/able to drive cars like this, so I went for it. And how often can you buy a car, that only 100? were produced for that kind of money?
    Super Jumbo Racing
    05 260 Saloon
    87 5.0 Mustang G.T.

I make it 154 Saloons, of which 36 were LHD. On top of that, 16 'real' R75V8 Tourers, of which 3 were LHD.
    That's just what MGR said, and reality may well be something else!

The number of RHD R75V8 Saloons still in existence will be at best near to, or probably a good deal less than your "100", let alone 118.

David

If this can be believed this might help with the numbers.
    https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/?utf8=...&commit=Search

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
    If this can be believed this might help with the numbers.
    https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/?utf8=...&commit=Search

Steve
    Probably not far off, Steve, although there could be some LHD cars registered in the UK to muddy the waters, I suppose. Of the 118 RHD R75V8 saloons, 14 were not originally destined for the UK anyway (Malaysia, S. Africa, New Zealand etc.) which leaves 104 for the UK. Some of the 14 "non-UK" may never have made the intended destination, or been re-imported into the UK. On the other side of the coin, some RHD cars may be residing abroad in between times like EricLC's car! 2007 Q4 show about 90 total registered, and we know of a few that had not be registered at that stage, so about right-ish?

If that is roughly OK, I suppose you could assume that current figures indicating around 70 R75V8 saloon cars still surviving in the UK, would be about right?

David
    Last edited by David; 26-10-2018 at 06:11 PM.

Looking at the same site they reckon there are about 300 ZT 260 of all types left in the UK, not a bad survival rate.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
    Looking at the same site they reckon there are about 300 ZT 260 of all types left in the UK, not a bad survival rate.

Steve
    For the R75V8 Saloon that's 2/3 survival rate, and over 90% of the Tourers. which I guess may be 'better than average', whatever that is!. Then again, the car has a certain appeal that, dare I say it, something like a Marina or a Viva have not. MG ZT survival figures sound pretty healthy too, but still under 50%, much less so than the R75V8 by the sound of it.

David

David
    Last edited by David; 26-10-2018 at 08:44 PM.

Isn't this just an indication of who is using theirs (i.e. getting them TAX'd etc) rather than how many are physically surviving?

If you add the two columns (including SORN'd cars therefore) you get the number known to the by the DVLA as still registered and existing in the UK and NI. At least that's the way I read it? That will include any UK registered LHD cars too of course.

Abroad for adding up the south-paws is almost impossible that way; they are too scattered, and not all local licensing authorities in different countries make similar data available.

David

Quote Originally Posted by SteveTD View Post
    Isn't this just an indication of who is using theirs (i.e. getting them TAX'd etc) rather than how many are physically surviving?
    It should be a good indicator as every vehicle should be either on SORN or taxed but I dare say a few will slip through the net

OK great, that makes one less item to worry over. Let me know how you get about sorting the 0433 fault code.