Nice Rover 75 4.6 Connoisseur for sale - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nice Rover 75 4.6 Connoisseur for sale

The stats of last month's sales, many with actual sales-price achieved, are here Jerry, including EricLC's (sorry SJR's !!) nice R75V8 away down at the end.

https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/showthread.php?17546-Cars-For-Sale-the-Ins-and-Outs&p=184396#post184396

David

Quote Originally Posted by Wildrover View Post
    ... I have to be honest, I am little disappointed the price I paid is in the public domain...
    Dreadfully sorry about that, Jerry. I ALWAYS ask seller and buyer (if I know their identities) for email or PM permission to use the figure for the Car Values section, a members only section, explaining how useful it can be for Insurance purposes and judging 'sensible' price-levels for advertising. In this case the seller provided the information. I have removed it immediately, of course, since it would not apparently have been your wish to make it public, even at the 'members only' level.

Apologies again !

David.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildrover View Post
    I think everyone knows by now David!

Keep up your fantastic research.
    Don?t worry Jerry as some of us are at an age such things are forgotten

Wildrover,
    I wouldn’t be too concerned, the true value of these cars is priceless! My brother in law changes his cars every five minutes, he seems to turn up in something different all the time. I have a look over his latest car, go out in it, but I have never thought, that I would swap my 260 for it, even though these have been cars that have cost up to £60,000.

Also, I think my 260 is a really nice example, which I would not sell cheaply. You do see cheap cars for sale, but normally I think that is probably for a reason. I feel I have just had a really good purchase with Eric’s car, but it was for sale in the South of France, coming up to Christmas time, with an incorrect front bumper, and a fault code showing. So that would effect it’s ability to be sold for a top price. I feel that if the car was in the UK it would have sold quickly and at a higher price.

Your recent purchase looks fantastic, enjoy it.

cheers,
    justin
    Super Jumbo Racing
    05 260 Saloon
    87 5.0 Mustang G.T.

It also cost more than you might imagine to get it back into the UK. So to an extent the purchase price is slightly irrelevant.
    Super Jumbo Racing
    05 260 Saloon
    87 5.0 Mustang G.T.

Sure you're right there.
    However you do it, car-train or driving + ferry/'chunnel', tolls and fuel, not to mention flight to pick up, hotels and food .....
    (Even from Holland, I find I'm always around a grand short when I visit the POL on a 5 day trip).

What about the actual costs of re-importing and re-registering (re-testing?) the car in the UK though, Justin?
    I assume that's a lot more than the zero you might assume, the car having been 'born' in the UK and exported.

David
    Last edited by David; 28-10-2018 at 10:57 AM.

Hi David,
    I have just sent you a pm, regarding just that.

Justin
    Super Jumbo Racing
    05 260 Saloon
    87 5.0 Mustang G.T.

'Sold Price' of BIOMORPHIC re-instated in the Car Values Section, Ins and Outs ... thread.
    Thanks for the permission, Jerry. It does help a lot to make that list as complete as possible each month.

David